1. Aussie, on second thought, you are 100% right. They shoudlnt have dropped the Fly. They shoudlve dropped BTBS. Notice how that was NOT played during the South Bend show.
  2. Originally posted by stj0691:Aussie, on second thought, you are 100% right. They shoudlnt have dropped the Fly. They shoudlve dropped BTBS. Notice how that was NOT played during the South Bend show.

As I think I said in another topic, I understand their decision to drop the Fly (a bit too cynical and dark for the times) but it did take away from the performances IMO. I'm not so sure about the merits in dropping Bullet. It's a pretty versatile song that can be applied to different political messages the boys want to send out at any given time. I thought their use of Bullet as a vehicle for their anit-arms theme was really great.

I also have 9/6/2001 MSG - One of my favourite Flys!
  3. Nice review Steve
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

As I think I said in another topic, I understand their decision to drop the Fly (a bit too cynical and dark for the times) but it did take away from the performances IMO. I'm not so sure about the merits in dropping Bullet. It's a pretty versatile song that can be applied to different political messages the boys want to send out at any given time. I thought their use of Bullet as a vehicle for their anit-arms theme was really great.

I also have 9/6/2001 MSG - One of my favourite Flys!

2001-06-09 was in Boston.....
  5. How can you mistake glorious Boston with dirty New York?!?!?!? Steve won't speak to you again... EVER.

xD

6. How I made the mistake was to me they are both classic U2 destinations and I got 'em mixed up for a fleeting second.

7. lol....I can't ignore aussie, he's too cool to ignore. however dear old nick prefers ny to boston, and he's from mass.

[/shame on him]

8. lol....here's how to distinguish the two

boston - awesome crowd, no matter which song, we go nuts for u2. boston's home away from home

new york - skippable....boston wannabe's

this might be a tad bias too

9. they weren't great during War