1. Originally posted by deanallison:The band need to do the right thing and play the album in full at hansa studios in front of a handful of local fans stream it live. Ok I’m being light hearted by saying doing the right thing but that would be such a cool performance. I doubt the band have all been getting together though for rehearsal time which would be essential especially for some tracks that haven’t been played in a long time. Still time I guess if they only had 12 songs to focus on some of which they’ve played a lot they could get the album nailed down but it’s more of a dream than something I expect to become a reality.
    Maybe an Achtung Baby Storytellers kind of vibe- play the album and give some backstories/anecdotes before each song.. that would be amazing
  2. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Maybe an Achtung Baby Storytellers kind of vibe- play the album and give some backstories/anecdotes before each song.. that would be amazing
    I’d be up for that, as long as it wasn’t edited in any way where the talking comes over the song for the stream. If it was a live stream in real time that wouldn’t be an issue I guess. But that would indeed be amazing as you described, story then song.
  3. The Twitter feed is now suggesting this is an official event.

Am just guessing, could this be band performing the album live as a one off perhaps streamed online? If that's the case, is there now an option for a crowd to attend, which perhaps earlier in the planning didn't seem possible.

I may of course be reading too much into it...
  4. The other thing that adds a little bit of strength to the belief it could be the album performed live in full is Edge saying it was on his list during an interview. This would tick that box. Please be true.
  5. Originally posted by U2nick88:The Twitter feed is now suggesting this is an official event.

Am just guessing, could this be band performing the album live as a one off perhaps streamed online? If that's the case, is there now an option for a crowd to attend, which perhaps earlier in the planning didn't seem possible.

I may of course be reading too much into it...
    You're right, but I don't buy it.
  6. Official fan event.
  7. Is there going to be any physical release? Box set? Live show? in addition to this event, something from the past?
  8. U2songs have reported there will be a release and they’re as reliable a source as any up until an official announcement is made. Don’t know exactly what sort of release though.
  9. Maybe it'll be the acoustic/reworked thingy? AB themed?
  10. God forbid
  11. I hope the acoustic thing isn’t an AB specific project. I really don’t think they songs would benefit from the acoustic treatment. We’ve heard wild horses, one, so cruel, love is blindness, the fly and mysterious ways (rehearsal), all acoustic and although they weren’t all bad they didn’t do the songs any favours either imo. Love is Blindness and One are the only ones I tend to revisit acoustically and not too frequently at that. It would be an underwhelming way to celebrate the album imo.