1. Yes. Although the arrangements of the songs are good it’s the production that made AB the juggernaut it still is 30 years later.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I hope the acoustic thing isn’t an AB specific project. I really don’t think they songs would benefit from the acoustic treatment. We’ve heard wild horses, one, so cruel, love is blindness, the fly and mysterious ways (rehearsal), all acoustic and although they weren’t all bad they didn’t do the songs any favours either imo. Love is Blindness and One are the only ones I tend to revisit acoustically and not too frequently at that. It would be an underwhelming way to celebrate the album imo.

I spoke to someone who is well informed, and the acoustic recordings are not just Achtung Baby tracks, they are looking at the full catalog of material there. So I don't think the two are related.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    U2songs have reported there will be a release and they’re as reliable a source as any up until an official announcement is made. Don’t know exactly what sort of release though.

It's going to be a limited physical release.

This event that U2Tour is talking about is likely tied to the digital experience the band was working on that we were told would highlight the album and Berlin.
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

I spoke to someone who is well informed, and the acoustic recordings are not just Achtung Baby tracks, they are looking at the full catalog of material there. So I don't think the two are related.
    Good to know with that regarding the acoustic tracks. The limited physical release does sound like an anniversary vinyl release then as opposed to a full on commercial boxset. Coloured vinyl then probably as you’ve suggested it could be before.
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

What do you mean not just Achtung baby tracks??They are hardly re recording their entire back catalogue that just sounds like pure desperation or that the entire band are not working together and it's Bono and Edge mainly doing it.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    What do you mean not just Achtung baby tracks??They are hardly re recording their entire back catalogue that just sounds like pure desperation or that the entire band are not working together and it's Bono and Edge mainly doing it.
    They aren’t just in studio working on Achtung Baby tracks for this acoustic thing. They have been working on tracks from their full catalog, not just from one album. No they aren’t recording the entire back catalog. But they are working on songs from different albums, not just one.
  7. Will probably be an exhibit that you can visit or experience virtually.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    They aren’t just in studio working on Achtung Baby tracks for this acoustic thing. They have been working on tracks from their full catalog, not just from one album. No they aren’t recording the entire back catalog. But they are working on songs from different albums, not just one.
    I'm assuming thats for a greatest hits collection or documentary 🤔
  9. If they have reworked a lot of old songs acoustically rather than just a small few I’ll give them some credit for that. Kinda like the best of 90-00 in fact. Rather than just release big hits and compilations with obvious choices at least there’s some work being done. I mention that 90-00 best of because we had the new mixes which even though I didn’t think were better than the originals at least you’re paying for their work, and then hands that built america and electrical storm included. It was really half an album of new(ish) stuff and these acoustic versions would represent the same, a new(ish) release. If we bought it we’d be paying for work the band actually did recently.
  10. Originally posted by U2nick88:The Twitter feed is now suggesting this is an official event.

Am just guessing, could this be band performing the album live as a one off perhaps streamed online? If that's the case, is there now an option for a crowd to attend, which perhaps earlier in the planning didn't seem possible.

I may of course be reading too much into it...

I knew it was going to be something like that, I just knew it, I wonder then if we will have holograms like in we are the people, it has to be good if we talk about U2 live
  11. U2stic