1. without them we wouldn't have Bullet the Blue Sky....so all praises....I know some aren't too happy about that

2. Who doesn't like Zeppelin?
  3. I'm a big fan of them. Led Zeppelin is among my 5 favorite bands, together with U2, Dire Straits, The Police and The Beatles. They're probably my 4th or 5th favorite band They have awesome songs (The Song Remains The Same, Kashmir, Over The Hills and Far Away, Tangerine, Ramble On, Rock And Roll, Communication Breakdown, Heartbreaker...), but for me they have THE song. The best song ever made. It's not in the best album of the best band, but it's simply thebest song. The best 8 minutes over composed. Stairway To Heaven.
  4. Rock & Roll is the best rock track ever.
  5. I've only the remasters set. I'm a fan of that though.
  6. I only have Physical Grafitti and How the West Was Won
  7. I heart Zeppelin.

As a little kid, I heard all the "best rock band ever" hype but didn't know their music, so I was skeptical.

Friends shared with me their catalogue and I liked it but wasn't crazy about it...

...then years back I realized TWO KEY THINGS I respect about Zeppelin more so than any other band (I can't even say this to the same extent about U2, my favorite band).

1. Zeppelin albums have ABSOLUTELY NO FILLER. WHATSOEVER.
    -Most of their early albums were 8 solid tracks... I think albums nowadays should re-adopt this philosophy, for quality AND no less because of our decreasing attention spans.

2. Zeppelin doesn't have a "type" of song. They're each a unique world of their own.
    e.g.: There's no typical "outline" Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Verse-Chorus, 4/4, 120 bpm, 4-chord / 3-chord or 2-chord...

PS: Favorite album = Houses Of The Holy

Favorite songs (8-song album length)
    1. Song Remains The Same
    2. Hey Hey What Can I Do
    3. Fool In The Rain
    4. Ten Years Gone
    5. Dancing Days
    6. Tangerine
    7. Going To California
    8. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
  8. Zep was kind of my gateway to music. I was already a Beatles and U2 fan when I discovered them 20 years ago next month (gulp), but Zep really hooked me. My top 3 in no particular order In the Light, Ten Years Gone, Battle of Evermore.
  9. Who likes Hey,Hey What Can I Do ? (The Immigrant Songs B-side for those of you who don't know) It's a beautiful song. I don't understand why it didn't make LZ III. Apperantly it was their only non-album track for so many years. It was rare but now I-tunes have got it. Yay!
  10. Originally posted by mookymookins:Who likes Hey,Hey What Can I Do ? (The Immigrant Songs B-side for those of you who don't know) It's a beautiful song. I don't understand why it didn't make LZ III. Apperantly it was their only non-album track for so many years. It was rare but now I-tunes have got it. Yay!

I love that track. LZ III is such an underrated album, I love it so much.