1. Originally posted by zooTV4all:[..]

No, because there is no need for that. The song is absolutely brilliant. Shortest 7 min 24 secs in life when listen to it.

lol
  2. the piano reminds me of a james bond kinda thing.
  3. all my freinds dislike u2, and i sumtimes think they say they hate em to fire me up, cuz i get so defensive towards the band, what song should i play em from this album to show them u2 shits all over R and B(thats the crap they like). im thinking maybe this song? or magnificeint or crazy????
  4. Breathe Stand Up Comedy and Magnificent and No Line i think. rock there sox off.
  5. Originally posted by Andrew_C:all my freinds dislike u2, and i sumtimes think they say they hate em to fire me up, cuz i get so defensive towards the band, what song should i play em from this album to show them u2 shits all over R and B(thats the crap they like). im thinking maybe this song? or magnificeint or crazy????

IDK man i love this song as much as any on the album easily, but if they don't like anything the band has done up to this point i don't think they're gonna dig this either. Their loss
  6. Originally posted by Andrew_C:all my freinds dislike u2, and i sumtimes think they say they hate em to fire me up, cuz i get so defensive towards the band, what song should i play em from this album to show them u2 shits all over R and B(thats the crap they like). im thinking maybe this song? or magnificeint or crazy????

I'm sorry your friends listen to R&B and hate rock? I say get new friends.

7. lol, r and b is so shit,all the singers r gangstas, pimps or girlfriend bashers.

8. Yup, it's for all the people who think listening to a bunch of dysfunctional Americans makes them seem cool.

I could never understand how that logic worked.
  9. Worst song on the album for me. Not that I think it's bad.
    Just can't get into it at all. The end is much stronger than the beginning, however.

3 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)
  10. Originally posted by djrlewis:Worst song on the album for me. Not that I think it's bad.
    Just can't get into it at all. The end is much stronger than the beginning, however.

3 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)

I don't get why people think's its bad. The lyrics are really well done, although not serious.
    (I think people think MoS has better lyrics because it's serious).
    It's like the only proper rock tune on the album.
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis:Worst song on the album for me. Not that I think it's bad.

3 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)

Originally posted by vanquishI don't get why people think's its bad. The lyrics are really well done, although not serious.
    (I think people think MoS has better lyrics because it's serious).
    It's like the only proper rock tune on the album.

Have you forgotten how to read?

Verses are horrible for me. Choruses and the ending much better. I suspect it will grow on me. But cockatoo's? Seriously? Oh well.
  12. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]

[..]

Have you forgotten how to read?

Verses are horrible for me. Choruses and the ending much better. I suspect it will grow on me. But cockatoo's? Seriously? Oh well.

Sorry Dan, however I wasn't only referring to you.

Yes, the cockatoo lyric seems rather silly and out of place

But it might make sense if this theory is correct:

I think the salesman at the door in the first verse, is selling the cockatoo, and marketing it by claiming that having the bird as a companion will extend your lifespan. (Some research done with pets & their owners has actually shown this). And the words "stay alive a bit longer" also support this.

I think it's possible this song arose from an anecdote where either Bono or one of the band etc. had the experience of meeting a cockatoo selling salesman claiming the bird would make you 'live a bit longer'. Because it's a rather unique situation to invent.