2009-07-21 - Amsterdam
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 5
Videos: 1

1. Last time I heard was because the vibrations in De Kuip may bring down the whole stadium. Some artist played there and had to stop / turn down volume to avoid damage to the structure.

Its a beautiful stadium but its in the same shape as the football club
  2. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Last time I heard was because the vibrations in De Kuip may bring down the whole stadium. Some artist played there and had to stop / turn down volume to avoid damage to the structure.

True, De Kuip doesn't have a concert-permit anymore, or something like that.
  3. 1) The tickets say "no camera's"... But in every f*cking youtube-video from just any 360°-show you see thousands of flashes and not only from cellphones !
    So... Is it aloud or not ?

2) They'll finally bring on Drowning Man in Amsterdam

3) Oh my God, D-Day is coming !!!!!!
  4. does anybody of you have an idea if the roof will be opened or closed?
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono:1) The tickets say "no camera's"... But in every f*cking youtube-video from just any 360°-show you see thousands of flashes and not only from cellphones !
    So... Is it aloud or not ?

2) They'll finally bring on Drowning Man in Amsterdam

3) Oh my God, D-Day is coming !!!!!!

They are allowed, U2.com says so. Only point and shoot though..

And the roof will be open, I guess, after watching that pic.
  6. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

but it was closd 2005 as well i guess
  7. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Does that include my dad's Nikon D700 in automatic mode ? Every dSLR can be put in point and shoot mode. Plus: some compactcamera's reach very HQ as well

Stupid rules
  8. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Last time I heard was because the vibrations in De Kuip may bring down the whole stadium. Some artist played there and had to stop / turn down volume to avoid damage to the structure.

Haha I read that too.
  9. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Does that include my dad's Nikon D700 in automatic mode ? Every dSLR can be put in point and shoot mode. Some compactcamera's reach HQ as well

Stupid rules

With point and shoot, they mean simple compact camera's like this one: http://www.plattetv.nl/var/images/DMC-FS6-zwart-1.jpg

And yes, compact cameras reach HQ as well. So called HD-pics, which is yadda yadda anyway. Point is, concerts often don't have much light. U2's Claw will provide some light but to capture Bono full-screen you'll need to stand close to the stage or have a light sensitive zoom on your body, like 200mm f2.8.

So they accept compact camera because the possibilities with these cameras are limited compared to DSLR's with good lenses. Further on, you can't always adjust ISO on compacts and due to the different technology (compacts use a chip, DSLR's a mirror) the noise level with compact camera will be much bigger.

And even more, there are hundreds of proffesional photographers working for various media who get payed to shoot some great quality pics. They don't want competition from fans who take DSLR's with them which are able to shoot the same pics.

So yes, a Nikon D700 in Auto-mode won't be allowed officialy either. Maybe your dad might have some luck, but the rules say it isn't allowed...unfortunately
  10. when will you guys arrive at the stadium??

i`ll be there on monday at about 7am and tuesday about 11am