1. Originally posted by mrbullet:Children calm down.
    Iv been following U2 for years and iv been going to glasto for years. U2 will fit in just fine. the U2 haters dominated glasto in the 80s, It's just not the same people now. A complete mix of all kinds, plenty to love & hate them.
    U2 will turn up, play a blinder, go down a storm and then go home.

yeah you're right - lets close this thread - no point talking about it really is there...
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Suppose next you will be worrying about what glasses Bono is going to wear ,the Blue or the Red ,why dont you open a post on that?Just listen to the music and let the rest take care of itself ,no need to read too much into it,its only entertainment man,is It?

come back again when you know me
  3. when was the last time U2 actually just played on a stage with no gimmickry? Literally just a stage. Elevation maybe but Lovetown more likely. Gonna be weird. They have a good chance to get one over a lot of haters who say they aren't much but a big stage. They can just let the music talk
  4. Mmmh... Doesn't seem like a good idea. They're gonna fly UK in between dates (Edmonton and Minneapolis), which means the set will probably be very VERY similar (not very much room for legendary surprises). Besides, for some reason, I've never liked highly anticipated acts at Glastonbury, Pixies comeback, FF and some other etc's. I mean they're OK, but pretty average compared to a show of their own.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:when was the last time U2 actually just played on a stage with no gimmickry? Literally just a stage. Elevation maybe but Lovetown more likely. Gonna be weird. They have a good chance to get one over a lot of haters who say they aren't much but a big stage. They can just let the music talk

Berlin 2,5 weeks ago

Sorry, to predictable probably
  6. Glastonbury. Wow.
    The biggest band.
    The biggest festival.

Just wow
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:when was the last time U2 actually just played on a stage with no gimmickry? Literally just a stage. Elevation maybe but Lovetown more likely. Gonna be weird. They have a good chance to get one over a lot of haters who say they aren't much but a big stage. They can just let the music talk

well i'm pretty sure they will set up a reasonable amount of their own gimmickry as most headline bands at big festivals seem to do these days but its definitely the first time since lovetown that they will be playing a FULL set on a stage with no catwalk/b stage into the crowd which will be very interesting to see!
  8. They will bring a foldable miniClaw ofcourse. Duhh
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:when was the last time U2 actually just played on a stage with no gimmickry? Literally just a stage. Elevation maybe but Lovetown more likely. Gonna be weird. They have a good chance to get one over a lot of haters who say they aren't much but a big stage. They can just let the music talk

Sommerville theatre Boston this year .BBC rooftop,Berlin MTV awards ,Letterman, No Gimmicks Just Music.

10. yep but those were all minigigs. no full shows

11. All short promo gigs though. Nothing lengthy. Irving Plaza maybe but they haven't did anything. like this since they have been proper big.
  12. Really looking forward to this and I think it's a brilliant idea. (Well I won't attend Glastonbury but looking forward to the boots.)
    I like U2 a lot better when they are eager to deserve the attention of a crowd they can't rely on blindly. Haven't seen that in 10 years.