1. well okay

but many other people will never change their mind about U2 because

a) they're too stubborn or not clever enough to see the beauty
    b) they just don't like how u2 are doing certain things or don't like the music they make, they prefer other music...

That's just how it is and a Glastonbury gig will never change it.
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Listen Mate you need to fucken chill out ,your too brainwashed by the u2 world ,they will pull it off as always,maybe you should try listening to a few other bands, your analysing them way too much its what happens when you become a crazed fan.

You see I haven't been listening to U2 for the past lot of months so where your analysis comes from is beyond me. So kindly take that same analysis and carefully insert back inside your twat
  3. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

well okay

but many other people will never change their mind about U2 because

a) they're too stubborn or not clever enough to see the beauty
    b) they just don't like how u2 are doing certain things or don't like the music they make, they prefer other music...

That's just how it is and a Glastonbury gig will never change it.

or c) they just can't stand Bono....

a lot of people i know (in fact nearly everyone) says they actually would like the music but they just cant get around how much they hate bono....
  4. Originally posted by ric:[..]

a lot of people i know (in fact nearly everyone) says they actually would like the music but they just cant get around how much they hate bono....

yep, good one. and I can't see how they can hate Bono. Then they also have to hate Chris Martin. and Lady Gaga. And Mr whatever.

5. Originally posted by ric:[..]

+1
  6. Let's just all chill down a bit
  7. I dont think I'll go. Much as Id love to see the band I couldnt stand some drunken idiots shouting ''Bonos a wanker'' and all that jazz. Itll just ruin it for me. Plus I seen them twice last summer, so I wont be heartbroken missing it.

I may change my mind, but for now I'll wait until they play dublin again in 2020.
  8. very intersting news about Glasto, really should have seen it coming about chanced getting a ticket!

I really hope they are smart enough to change the setlist to suit the audience, but I fear the worst in thar respect. Opening with Breathe would go down like a lead balloon! However, opening with 'I will Follow' or 'Elevation' for example, would go down far better with the crowd. But I fear Bono and co are too stubborn to admith that and will play a gig 95% similar to their standard set.

Also the fact they are travelling back and forth across the atlantic, I cant see them bein in 'peak condition' physically. I know they are used to travelling, but I really think they need a HUGE performance. They wont get judged by the same standards as other bands, they are really putting themselves out on a limb as they have not played a festival in 30 years!! I really hope they can nail it on the night, the 'sound; will be very important also, Pyramid stage is notorious for poor sound!
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

You see I haven't been listening to U2 for the past lot of months so where your analysis comes from is beyond me. So kindly take that same analysis and carefully insert back inside your twat

Suppose next you will be worrying about what glasses Bono is going to wear ,the Blue or the Red ,why dont you open a post on that?Just listen to the music and let the rest take care of itself ,no need to read too much into it,its only entertainment man,is It?
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Suppose next you will be worrying about what glasses Bono is going to wear ,the Blue or the Red ,why dont you open a post on that?Just listen to the music and let the rest take care of itself ,no need to read too much into it,its only entertainment man,is It?

about talking shit..
  11. Originally posted by dferryachtungbaby:I dont think I'll go. Much as Id love to see the band I couldnt stand some drunken idiots shouting ''Bonos a wanker'' and all that jazz. Itll just ruin it for me. Plus I seen them twice last summer, so I wont be heartbroken missing it.

I may change my mind, but for now I'll wait until they play dublin again in 2020.

i dont think you'll go either! - even if you did change your mind! (see my earlier post about the 0.1% chance of actually getting a ticket)
  12. Children calm down.
    Iv been following U2 for years and iv been going to glasto for years. U2 will fit in just fine. the U2 haters dominated glasto in the 80s, It's just not the same people now. A complete mix of all kinds, plenty to love & hate them.
    U2 will turn up, play a blinder, go down a storm and then go home.