1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Create an account at Mediafire.com and upload them into a folder on there on your account and then put the link here.

I don't remember how much storage you get but a few MP3s can't fill it up too much.

thanks drew, doing it now
  2. alrighty then, heres the link to my song
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xmjw5onjmhw
    sorry that its 38mb i duno why its that big for an audio recording. anyway, im on drums and my mate is on guitar, the song has no lyrics so if some pop into ur head while listening then get that stuff down into writting plz
    Edit: excuse the shitty drum fill, im not a drummer usually
  3. Wow, how have I not come across this topic before? Great thread Matt

I've been trying and failing to come up with stuff for ages, I'm generally a sounds kind of man? I've got a couple of lyrics lying around (both incomplete mind) that I guess I could share, but nothing else to post as of yet

Song 1 (That's not a Blur reference, I just don't have a title for it yet lol)

And now here comes that time again
    When day passes to night
    When the now becomes transformed to then
    In the wait of the dawning light
    With every sunrise I can see
    This world burst into life
    Throw away missed opportunities
    To the touchpaper, set 'light

[instrumental break/hook]

The future could be bright if we
    Just took our chance and ran
    Down the roads that we could take today
    Throw away the masterplan
    I've wanted to walk these paths before
    In dreams I walked alone
    Look into these eyes and take my hand
    This heart is as your own

After that I came undone, 'cause I can't work out where to go from there. I've got a basic instrumental recording lying around but I never got 'round to really nailing the format. All I can say at the moment is that it's a big sounding uplifting anthemic-ish piano-based piece, but that's kinda it for now.

Change The World (working title, but it's a start!)

I know that things aren't clear right now
    We've all got a burden on our back
    Every day seems like one more pointless step
    Down some long and winding endless track

I know I've made mistakes before
    God knows, I've got it wrong
    Countless things I regret, things I've done
    I just want to show you that I care

If I could change the world today
    I'd change it all for you
    If I could open up your eyes today
    I'd make you see it all anew

Every day can be a brand new start
    A chance for us to change our ways
    To take this life in our own hands
    To make the most of what we've got
    To give it all for what it's worth

I'd make you see it like I do

I have a recording of sorts, just me and the piano, but the verse order was different to how I've settled on now, I might post it though in a bit if I get 'round to uploading it.
  4. Originally posted by Andrew_C:alrighty then, heres the link to my song
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xmjw5onjmhw
    sorry that its 38mb i duno why its that big for an audio recording. anyway, im on drums and my mate is on guitar, the song has no lyrics so if some pop into ur head while listening then get that stuff down into writting plz
    Edit: excuse the shitty drum fill, im not a drummer usually

It's 38MB because it's lossless as a .wav file.

If you're worried about the drumming, you could use a variation of drum machine software and live drumming.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:It's 38MB because it's lossless as a .wav file.

If you're worried about the drumming, you could use a variation of drum machine software and live drumming.

No decent freeware lying around though =P I've been looking...
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Wow, how have I not come across this topic before? Great thread Matt

I've been trying and failing to come up with stuff for ages, I'm generally a sounds kind of man? I've got a couple of lyrics lying around (both incomplete mind) that I guess I could share, but nothing else to post as of yet

Song 1 (That's not a Blur reference, I just don't have a title for it yet lol)

And now here comes that time again
    When day passes to night
    When the now becomes transformed to then
    In the wait of the dawning light
    With every sunrise I can see
    This world burst into life
    Throw away missed opportunities
    To the touchpaper, set 'light

[instrumental break/hook]

The future could be bright if we
    Just took our chance and ran
    Down the roads that we could take today
    Throw away the masterplan
    I've wanted to walk these paths before
    In dreams I walked alone
    Look into these eyes and take my hand
    This heart is as your own

After that I came undone, 'cause I can't work out where to go from there. I've got a basic instrumental recording lying around but I never got 'round to really nailing the format. All I can say at the moment is that it's a big sounding uplifting anthemic-ish piano-based piece, but that's kinda it for now.

Change The World (working title, but it's a start!)

I know that things aren't clear right now
    We've all got a burden on our back
    Every day seems like one more pointless step
    Down some long and winding endless track

I know I've made mistakes before
    God knows, I've got it wrong
    Countless things I regret, things I've done
    I just want to show you that I care

Every day can be a brand new start
    A chance for us to change our ways
    To take this life in our own hands
    To make the most of what we've got
    To give it all for what it's worth

I'd make you see it like I do

I have a recording of sorts, just me and the piano, but the verse order was different to how I've settled on now, I might post it though in a bit if I get 'round to uploading it.

Harry, you should look into writing more, those two songs are great! One word that popped into my mind for "Song 1" was "luminous." I think that it might work as a title, or something along those lines. I got the image of someone running through a big city at night. Idk, you don't need to go anywhere with that, just a thought of mine.

Originally posted by Andrew_C:WOW Nick that was really really good i can imagine hearing it on radio. Do you have a singer?...... im gona have to upload my song see what u guys think

Hey, thanks! I am the singer, but we don't have mics or stands yet. We have a mixer and mic set in mind, which should cost about $140 all together.

I listened to your song, it's pretty good. Your drumming was great too, don't worry about that.
  7. Originally posted by U2Nick:Harry, you should look into writing more, those two songs are great! One word that popped into my mind for "Song 1" was "luminous." I think that it might work as a title, or something along those lines. I got the image of someone running through a big city at night. Idk, you don't need to go anywhere with that, just a thought of mine.

Cheers mate trust me, I'm trying to write more, I've got 'big ideas' as said by many before me but I generally find my problem to be that I've said all I want to say in a relatively economic space lol - not something I can generally claim to in other walks of life, i.e. I'm usually a waffler.

I'm glad you got those ideas from 'Song 1', 'cause that was the general feel I had going through my head, the idea of like breaking out into the big wide world sort of thing. I think I'd probably describe it as somewhere between Streets, Dancing In The Dark, Read My Mind (Killers) and Running To The Light (Runrig). With a bit of luck, I'll manage to finish it!
  8. I REALLY love this thread
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Cheers mate trust me, I'm trying to write more, I've got 'big ideas' as said by many before me but I generally find my problem to be that I've said all I want to say in a relatively economic space lol - not something I can generally claim to in other walks of life, i.e. I'm usually a waffler.

I'm glad you got those ideas from 'Song 1', 'cause that was the general feel I had going through my head, the idea of like breaking out into the big wide world sort of thing. I think I'd probably describe it as somewhere between Streets, Dancing In The Dark, Read My Mind (Killers) and Running To The Light (Runrig). With a bit of luck, I'll manage to finish it!

Good lord, I certainly hope so...

I want to hear that so bad.

10. Aha, I fear I may have set the bar a bit high with such comparisons! I'll have access to a piano on Wednesday so I may be able to throw something together this week...I'll try and sort that and other stuff out, so you guys can hear some rough drafts, so to speak. By the by; I tried to download your links Matt, they're not working unless I missed a trick, i.e. you removed them (!) would it be possible to upload them again? I wanna give everyone's stuff a go