1. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Songs like this are always the greatest; I should really try to write something like that sometime. That's where the glory of music usually shows through, is when it can be so widely interpreted and therefore personalized over and over again.

Yeah, it would be an interesting single. We could record a few different takes. Right now, I have an Orchestra and Piano chord progression / melody worked out, but I plan to add a few modern sounding synth melodies and samples.

By the way, I was reading "The Fountain." It's not bad at all, my favorite part is:

Originally posted by The
    elite, the only way to live
    you condescend from your throne
    i cant quite hear what youre saying
    drowned by your signature drone

but when lights change red to green
    and our lives begin to move
    you'll be left behind to lose...

It sounds a bit like another song that I'm working on called "Life Sized Action Figure." It's about a man who is trapped in a pop star's body. That verse sounds a lot like the character in the song... freaky.
    The chorus that I have for that song is

"Let me go,
    Watch me fall,
    See me go,
    View my glow"
  2. Originally posted by U2Nick:[..]

Yeah, it would be an interesting single. We could record a few different takes. Right now, I have an Orchestra and Piano chord progression / melody worked out, but I plan to add a few modern sounding synth melodies and samples.

By the way, I was reading "The Fountain." It's not bad at all, my favorite part is:

[..]

It sounds a bit like another song that I'm working on called "Life Sized Action Figure." It's about a man who is trapped in a pop star's body. That verse sounds a lot like the character in the song... freaky.
    The chorus that I have for that song is

"Let me go,
    Watch me fall,
    See me go,
    View my glow"

Thanks! And yeah, I can't wait to finally get all of my stuff recorded and "produced" to the best of my ability, and then I can share it with you all on here.

3. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Thanks! And yeah, I can't wait to finally get all of my stuff recorded and "produced" to the best of my ability, and then I can share it with you all on here.

Same here, believe me.

4. Not spam at ALL- it's what this thread is

I'm excited to listen..I'll give it a listen after dinner, I'm just about to eat. I can't wait, Nick, this is the song title that interested me most!
  5. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Not spam at ALL- it's what this thread is

I'm excited to listen..I'll give it a listen after dinner, I'm just about to eat. I can't wait, Nick, this is the song title that interested me most!

Okay, Matt, thanks!

6. I like it

I can't wait to hear the lyrics added and whatnot...your lead guitar part in the second verse (? after the verse where its all chords) is really cool!
  7. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

I like it

I can't wait to hear the lyrics added and whatnot...your lead guitar part in the second verse (? after the verse where its all chords) is really cool!

Thanks Matt!

The set up is Verse - Bridge - Chorus - Verse - Bridge - Chorus - Break.
  8. I just finished a new song...

Universe Surrounded By White Walls

Unsound, beacons raise, to another fight
    Reboot, one more is lost, save not a trace
    Ample, the justice is, not equal grace

Encore, drag queen slips, between the lights
    Color, light pounds, upon the face
    Amour, transcending stars, dance in place

Looking down upon your face
    Letting in the color’s grace
    All the castles in the air
    In the Universe Surrounded By White Walls
    (Repeat)

Nameless, looking for the answer, to what can never, be known
    Desperate, reaching out, for what you can, not ever own
    Vagrant, for another night, can you be, alone

Surrender, Surrender
    Only release, can heel, the wounds

Encore, drag queen slips, between the lights
    Color, light pounds, upon the face
    Amour, transcending stars, dance in place

Looking down upon your face
    Letting in the color’s grace
    All the castles in the air
    In the Universe Surrounded By White Walls
    (Repeat)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is my sort-of rewrite of "God's Hiatus:"

God's Hiatus

Waiting in the sun, for a stormy cloud
    Never synthesizing, because I want it now

Man looks around, wondering where it is
    Time fills his world, always breaking it down

Feel through the doubt, it doesn’t know good
    Not a shade of you, or a trace of right

Take back, none of what you’ve done
    Don’t show me what I’ve missed out on

Look through the eyes, that have never seen you
    I’m already gone, please don’t start looking

Feel through the doubt, it doesn’t know good

Not a trace of you, or a trace of right

Idk, can you tell I listen to U2?
  9. WOW Nick that was really really good i can imagine hearing it on radio. Do you have a singer?...... im gona have to upload my song see what u guys think
  10. how do u upload stuff to the net, like a file host site or sumthing? cuz ive only got the song in mp3 so no point putting on youtube
  11. Originally posted by Andrew_C:how do u upload stuff to the net, like a file host site or sumthing? cuz ive only got the song in mp3 so no point putting on youtube

Create an account at Mediafire.com and upload them into a folder on there on your account and then put the link here.

I don't remember how much storage you get but a few MP3s can't fill it up too much.