1. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Impossible. Come on, Bono had a slipped disc - that's as close to death as you can get.
    He will never be able to get on stage again. All legs will be cancelled, noone knows what to do, so the trucks are heading everywhere to stay in motion and to bewilder the fans who are searching for reasonable assumptions.

At least that's the impression you get here.

Well, you were pretty close after all..
  2. Originally posted by flowerchild:well, they said minimum time.

I'd give him 8 months, if that's what he needs to get back to full recovery.
    imagine you suddenly had no feeling in your lower legs, I'd have panicked like woah.

Read here
    Originally posted by yeah:After all it might be a good thing if he stepped back from running around the stage and stuff. Could help him being able to sing instead of just speak (eg. COBL on the Rose Bowl DVD)

+100000000000000000000000
  3. can't imagine bono just quietly singing his songs. that not... bono'ish....

4. Indeed, that's how he should end his career some day, singing old sailor songs sitting on a chair.

Can't imagine Vertigo with Bono on a chair..
  5. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Indeed, that's how he should end his career some day, singing old sailor songs sitting on a chair.

Can't imagine Vertigo with Bono on a chair..

ouch, I wouldn't even want to see that

6. No, that would be rather strange. Bono sitting on a stool singing "One"...??
    I read Bono had a numb feeling in one of his legs indeed. That can be one of the symptoms when you have a (serious) back injury: symptoms of paralysis in (one of) the leg(s).
    And I also read that for now, the SLC and Glastonbury gigs are cancelled. But U2 wouldn't be U2 when they would try anything to compensate those fans whenever possible.
    I hope those shows is all that will be cancelled (?) But with a serious back injury, you can be in pain for a long time. I know people who had the same injury and they had problems for 10 to 12 months and they don't go running around on stage every day.
    But he will get the best of care, that's for sure.
  7. Originally posted by Rob1965:[..]

No, that would be rather strange. Bono sitting on a stool singing "One"...??
    I read Bono had a numb feeling in one of his legs indeed. That can be one of the symptoms when you have a (serious) back injury: symptoms of paralysis in (one of) the leg(s).
    And I also read that for now, the SLC and Glastonbury gigs are cancelled. But U2 wouldn't be U2 when they would try anything to compensate those fans whenever possible.
    I hope those shows is all that will be cancelled (?) But with a serious back injury, you can be in pain for a long time. I know people who had the same injury and they had problems for 10 to 12 months and they don't go running around on stage every day.
    But he will get the best of care, that's for sure.

You've not kept up very much with the news, have you

All dates for leg 3 are cancelled. Read back a few pages/other threads
  8. 12 weeks until Frankfurt, I'm not confident. Maybe it's even better for them to just postpone all shows for this year so that Bono has enough time to get a full recovery and that they don't have to hurry....
  9. Better maybe. But if Bono is able to tour, he will because he wants to. And lets not forget that every additional show that is postponed costs lots of money.

Anyway I dont think they are so stupid to underestimate the rehabilitation period. Dont think they will take any risks by starting a show or two earlier.
  10. The Edge talking in more detail about Bono's injury and the postponement of the tour: