1. Originally posted by Thib6992:Amazing title if it really exists (though I can't see someone inventing it). Awesome, if we have all the new songs (some studio, some live would be the best)...

Why live? All of us have listened to bootlegs or watched high-quiality videos of the songs, why releasing the same stuff we already have? They'd better make new versions (full band, preferably, if they want to call it a "U2" record) of each song they release...
  2. If its true what Paul McGuiness says that EBW, Mercy and Boy Falls From The Sky will be on SOA then I dont think it seems really likely that they will release a EP this November.
    What have they got left then for on this EP ? I dont think North Star and Glastonbury wont be on SOA, so then they got more new material or on this EP will be more remixes and other older stuff, maybe some songs from the NLOTH sessions ?

EDIT:
    Just checked U2.com, maybe this EP is the same as the Duals CD they announced on the website ?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Why live? All of us have listened to bootlegs or watched high-quiality videos of the songs, why releasing the same stuff we already have? They'd better make new versions (full band, preferably, if they want to call it a "U2" record) of each song they release...

Helps promote U2 as a touring band, not everyone will have heard the bootlegs or watched the videos. Casual fans. And since this has only appeared on the Amazon US store so far (as far as I know), it could be used to try and bring in some more fans for the US leg.
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:If its true what Paul McGuiness says that EBW, Mercy and Boy Falls From The Sky will be on SOA then I dont think it seems really likely that they will release a EP this November.
    What have they got left then for on this EP ? I dont think North Star and Glastonbury wont be on SOA, so then they got more new material or on this EP will be more remixes and other older stuff, maybe some songs from the NLOTH sessions ?

EDIT:
    Just checked U2.com, maybe this EP is the same as the Duals CD they announced on the website ?

They probably have more songs than we actually know...

Re: Duals; it isn't meant to be an EP, and it isn't meant to contain new material, so I'm pretty sure these are different projects - in a substantial sense, or in a vacuous one, meaning that Duals is still different from zero, if there won't be any EP...
  5. The tweet said Wide Awake in America so I was wondering what was going on Sounds good though, good to hear of something official and new
  6. 6 live tracks
    Vinyl only
    USA only
    Indie stores only

7. i like the vinyl only and indie stores only, but usa only and only live tracks?

8. Could be quit logic if you think about it; Where they gonna tour next year? : USA that need some promotion maybe (like ITim said before) and about the live tracks: they are going to release an album with North Star, EBW ect. So then we will get to hear the studio versions of those songs. Its logic if you think about it right
  9. yeah, call it Wide Awake in Europe and only release it in the US.