1. She's been released and you people are talking about the setlist.

I know we didn't have any impact on this but it feels like we helped her during 360, with our positive thoughts.
  2. +1 to Yogi, absolutely +1.
  3. Originally posted by Yogi:She's been released and you people are talking about the setlist.

I know we didn't have any impact on this but it feels like we helped her during 360, with our positive thoughts.

+2

Although I felt Walk On was a bit dull sometimes, I always supported it because of the idea behind the song and the reason why they're playing it. So happy she's free now, although we really have to wait and see how 'free' she is.
  4. Originally posted by Yogi:She's been released and you people are talking about the setlist.

+3
  5. Originally posted by MacStripey:
    these news really make me happy. you can think what you want about U2 and especially Bono going on and on talking about her during every show this tour and making Walk On "her" song and all -- I think we should admit that this way, he has raised our attention to her situation, for the first time or just again for those who already followed the news on her during the past years.

It actually is "her song". It was written about her.

6. And on this tour so is MLK and SBS is about Iran. I don't think it will be dropped. They can A. Just sing it as a tribute to her release or B. Make refer to whatever the hell they feel like.
  7. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

And on this tour so is MLK and SBS is about Iran. I don't think it will be dropped. They can A. Just sing it as a tribute to her release or B. Make refer to whatever the hell they feel like.

B
  8. For someone who went through so much, a hero will step into the light again.

Hooray for Aung San Suu Kyi!
  9. Finally!

10. Aung San Suu Kyi Enjoy your Freedom and Walk On..
  11. Originally posted by Yogi:She's been released and you people are talking about the setlist.

I think U2, and us behind them, to some (admittedly small) extent contributed to put some pressure on the Burma government.
  12. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

And on this tour so is MLK and SBS is about Iran. I don't think it will be dropped. They can A. Just sing it as a tribute to her release or B. Make refer to whatever the hell they feel like.

Sigh, unfortunately I think it'll turn out that way too.
    Why can't they stop playing mediocre songs like Walk On, Pride when they have so many better songs in their catalogue.