1. Sad to see your review, Josh. Let's see what I make out from the album when the moment comes for me, I hope I'm not too disappointed.

By the way, I just saw that When The Sun Goes Down is among the World 25 most popular Songs right now in the social music program TuneWiki. Just to let you know.
  2. Oh, and by the way, I got a new t-shirt a few weeks ago, forgot to share it:

Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5511/71285149.th.jpg[/IMG]'

I completely LOVE it.
  3. Giving my first full listen to the new album, bought yesterday. I like it more than I expected, although it's more similar to Humbug than to Favorite WN and specially Whatever People... , which is not a good thing. But anyway, people grow, styles develope... We have to accept it.
  4. Libray Pictures is AWESOME. The only song that could have belonged to a pre-2009 album. Awesome.
  5. I attended an Arctic Monkeys tribute party yesterday night........... I still don't have ANY voice and my feet and head hurt like fuck. But hey, what an amazing party They mixed old tracks with the new album, remixes with B-sides, etc etc... Incredible.

Regarding the new album, I like a lot Library Pictures, Love Is A Laserquest, All My Own Stunts and Reckless Serenade. And still getting into Piledriver Waltz, That's Where You're Wrong and Black Treacle.
  6. Holy fucking shit. Look at last Saturday's set in Sheffield:

The View From The Afternoon
    Brianstorm
    This House Is A Circus
    Still Take You Home
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Library Pictures
    Teddy Picker
    Crying Lightning
    Brick by Brick
    The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
    Cornerstone
    Mardy Bum (Acoustic, first performance since 2007)
    I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    She's Thunderstorms
    Pretty Visitors
    If You Were There, Beware
    Do Me A Favour
    That's Where You're Wrong
    ---------
    When The Sun Goes Down
    Fluorescent Adolescent
    A Certain Romance (first performance since 2007)

I would kill something/someone to see that show. OMG
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Holy fucking shit. Look at last Saturday's set in Sheffield:

The View From The Afternoon
    Brianstorm
    This House Is A Circus
    Still Take You Home
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Library Pictures
    Teddy Picker
    Crying Lightning
    Brick by Brick
    The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
    Cornerstone
    Mardy Bum (Acoustic, first performance since 2007)
    I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    She's Thunderstorms
    Pretty Visitors
    If You Were There, Beware
    Do Me A Favour
    That's Where You're Wrong
    ---------
    When The Sun Goes Down
    Fluorescent Adolescent
    A Certain Romance (first performance since 2007)

I would kill something/someone to see that show. OMG

all i'll say is wow!!!
  8. I might be seeing Arctic Monkeys in Glasgow in November - but I'm skint unfortunately, so I may not be going. I really want to go
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:I might be seeing Arctic Monkeys in Glasgow in November - but I'm skint unfortunately, so I may not be going. I really want to go

had to google what Skint meant, i am also skint atm
    I hope they come to Aus for this album, i dunt think they toured for Humbug
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:I might be seeing Arctic Monkeys in Glasgow in November - but I'm skint unfortunately, so I may not be going. I really want to go

You're crazy. Try to save some money from whatever you can. Stop eating ice-creams if it rewards you with ten bucks a month. Then save and save until you can afford it. Or just get me a cheap plane from Madrid to Glasgow and I'll gladly attend the show instead of you

PS. I didn't know what "skint" meant also but I understood it from the context
  11. I'm a recent AM fan, perhaps a bit older than their normal demographic - which explains my coming in late to the AM party, but I love their energy from the earlier releases.

I just finished watching the DVD Live from the Manchester Apollo and I think it's terrific! Seemed like they were a bit weary of playing Fluoescent Adolescent though.

For a non-AM listener, maybe I'd start them off with something light - like Fluorescent Adolescent - ha!; drop in A Certain Romance, spice it up with I Bet You Good On The Dance Floor (the flavor sort of reminds me of Stone Roses combined with the funky bass of early B52's) and then perhaps a splash of Mardy Bum.

Just got the newest release, so will give it a couple of go's before deciding whether to keep it on the iPod or not.