1. That's surprising, because I strongly dislike the Apollo DVD. I don't like its camera planes (too slow), and the ABSOLUTE lack of audience sound, participation and footage makes it lose its few credit (Alex himself tells the crowd at some point "So quiet, too quiet...''). The performances are not bad at all, but it lacks atmosphere. It looks like a recording from a rehearsal.

On the other hand, A Certain Romance is absolutely awesome and quite moving, with all the older footage and that stuff. My favorite moment of the whole DVD.

I recommend you to watch some of their Reading 2006 footage. Amazing. Proof:
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:That's surprising, because I strongly dislike the Apollo DVD. I don't like its camera planes (too slow), and the ABSOLUTE lack of audience sound, participation and footage makes it lose its few credit (Alex himself tells the crowd at some point "So quiet, too quiet...''). The performances are not bad at all, but it lacks atmosphere. It looks like a recording from a rehearsal.

On the other hand, A Certain Romance is absolutely awesome and quite moving, with all the older footage and that stuff. My favorite moment of the whole DVD.

I recommend you to watch some of their Reading 2006 footage. Amazing. Proof:
    [YouTube Video]

completely agree with you on the Apollo DVD...

That video is incredible!!
  3. Point taken!

As a relative novice to AM, it appears Apollo wasn't even close to what was in the Reading video, so I've got some great stuff I've yet to experience.

How fun it must have been to be at that show, that is awesome! Is there an actual release or is it mostly youtube? Either way, I'm searching to watch more.
  4. Originally posted by Bandrew:Point taken!

As a relative novice to AM, it appears Apollo wasn't even close to what was in the Reading video, so I've got some great stuff I've yet to experience.

How fun it must have been to be at that show, that is awesome! Is there an actual release or is it mostly youtube? Either way, I'm searching to watch more.

No need

Part 1 - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, Still Take You Home, You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights...
    Part 2 - Leave Before The Lights Come On, Cigarette Smoker Fiona
    Part 3 - Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong, Dancing Shoes, From The Ritz To The Rubble
    Part 4 - Fake Tails Of San Francisco, Mardy Bum
    Part 5 - When The Sun Goes Down
    Part 6 - A Certain Romance

5. Those vids make me wana see them even more
  6. Guys... I'M SEEING ARCTIC MONKEYS IN NOVEMBER!!!! YAAAASS!
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    No need

Part 1 - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, Still Take You Home, You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights...
    Part 2 - Leave Before The Lights Come On, Cigarette Smoker Fiona
    Part 3 - Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong, Dancing Shoes, From The Ritz To The Rubble
    Part 4 - Fake Tails Of San Francisco, Mardy Bum
    Part 5 - When The Sun Goes Down
    Part 6 - A Certain Romance

[YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a great show.

My kids: Dad, what are you listening to? And why is it so loud?

When I was growing up, my parent's used to tell me to turn it down, now my kids are telling me to turn it down? Sorry kids, the volume level stays! Or get even louder!
  8. Originally posted by Bandrew:Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a great show.

My kids: Dad, what are you listening to? And why is it so loud?

When I was growing up, my parent's used to tell me to turn it down, now my kids are telling me to turn it down? Sorry kids, the volume level stays! Or get even louder!

Quoting Teddy Picker's lyrics:

And it's the thousandth time, and it's even bolder louder!!!

hahaha... your comment was brilliant, mate. Glad that you're enjoying the Reading show, it's brilliant.
  9. what are our overall views of the new album then? Compared to others too...
  10. It's quite better than Humbug, pretty worse than Favorite Worst Nightmare and light-years worse than Whatever People Say...
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's quite better than Humbug, pretty worse than Favorite Worst Nightmare and light-years worse than Whatever People Say...

yeh thats pretty much my view on it too