1. Ruby Tuesday and the the improvised Walk on the Wild Side during Bad at Live Aid is absolute magic
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:To me, it was an interesting early thing that wore out its welcome. It becomes distracting to see set lists that people post with mentions of songs that were hardly really sung. For example, if Bono sings the huge word "I," some fool will say "I Love Rock N' Roll" was a snippet.

In all seriousness, it just isn't interesting anymore. Not quite as bad as Bono thanking Universal during With Or Without You, but still bad. The worst thing, is we have all wanted U2 to release more shows, but with the licensing issues with 3-10 snippets cause an editing nightmare if for example, we were to get them to agree to let us choose our show for U2.com renewal, instead of some dumb collection with Ultra Rare tracks like The Wanderer, and When Love Comes To Town, then they would have to either pay royalties(which they won't.), or pay someone to edit them.

How hard would it be for them to just cut Bono from the recording for a moment?
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:To me, it was an interesting early thing that wore out its welcome. It becomes distracting to see set lists that people post with mentions of songs that were hardly really sung. For example, if Bono sings the huge word "I," some fool will say "I Love Rock N' Roll" was a snippet.

In all seriousness, it just isn't interesting anymore. Not quite as bad as Bono thanking Universal during With Or Without You, but still bad. The worst thing, is we have all wanted U2 to release more shows, but with the licensing issues with 3-10 snippets cause an editing nightmare if for example, we were to get them to agree to let us choose our show for U2.com renewal, instead of some dumb collection with Ultra Rare tracks like The Wanderer, and When Love Comes To Town, then they would have to either pay royalties(which they won't.), or pay someone to edit them.

Wind your neck in and chill the fuck out
  4. Without those damn snippets, Bad would be finished after 5 minutes. With them, I have to live with that idiotic loop for 10 minutes, so I'm not the biggest fan of them.

Some are quite cool, though and in general I'm okay with snips if they don't lengthen the song. Otherwise I'd prefer them having one more song instead of 10 snippets from 15 artists.
  5. I LOVE them. I think they are a specificity about U2 live, and some snippets can give something more to one gig.

Hard to make a list of them. Love the ones in Bad, I personnally think they are always accurate. I'd add My Sweet Lord in MW, Sgt Pepper in BD... And of course Hear us coming and Shine Like Stars.
  6. I'd say 99% of the time love, 1 % of the time "What's that song?"

7. Yep, I gave such a harsh opinion, I should be hunted down and beaten. Right? I guess after I was dumb enough to say they should keep "Breathe" in the setlist and get rid of the "Crazy" remix, I should have learned my lesson.

Geez, is this turning into prince.org? I always felt I could put my opinions on this site without somebody wetting their pants.

Another poster had something intelligent to say...asking how hard would it be to edit Bono for a few seconds. If it was just one or two shows, yes. I know they record every single show anyway, and would want the renewal for U2.com to be a choice of one show. Yeah, it's a pipe dream, but why record every show and then do nothing with them?

And it would not bother me if they kept the snippets, but the snippets are maybe less than 2 percent of the entire show, but sometimes take up 40% of somebody's written setlist, giving a false impression of the setlist, and even if they put (Snippet) in, it still looks pretty lame to me....
  8. Originally posted by yeah:Without those damn snippets, Bad would be finished after 5 minutes. With them, I have to live with that idiotic loop for 10 minutes, so I'm not the biggest fan of them.

hahaha, I use to reckon that most of your opinions are usually right, but... think you're alone this time. And wrong.

9. That was pretty harsh, Peter, please watch our your language - specially when you haven't been provoked or something! The guy was just speaking his mind out. There's nothing wrong about that, whether we agree or not. Be careful, alright friend?
  10. Wow, do they even have to pay for one line?? :S