1. Phones are evil. They used to only exist to make calls. Now....
  2. Do not always like the snippets, just play the f.... song.

Like "Wake up dead man", "Suspicous Minds", "The hands that built....", etc
  3. I love any snippets they do. Kind of gives a show it's own identity when they get into the routine of playing very similar sets night to night.

Some personal favorites:
    - Any Beatles' song in Beautiful Day: Blackbird, Here Comes The Sun, Sgt. Peppers.
    - It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) & Teenage Kicks in Vertigo.
    - Shine Like Stars (If this really counts) of course.

**EDIT**
    Forgot Send In The Clowns & Break On Through in Electric Co.
  4. Hell yes, I love snippets!

Personal favourite from this tour is MOS after Bad/Beautiful Day

5. Totally love the snippets, it's a U2 signature by now and usually increase the value of a song... I mean, almost any song with a well placed snippet (almost all of them) is better than that song without the snippet.

And they don't replace anything. It's not like if they would play those songs fully if they didn't made the snippet.

It's not "UV snippet in Beautiful Day" vs "Full Ultraviolet"... it's "UV snippet in Beautiful Day" vs "Beautiful Day with no snippet". So you're not losing absolutely nothing when they do play a snippet.

Same with the short versions... it's not 50% vs 100%, it's 50% vs 0%. Take it or leave it. I take it. And it's not like they're only playing 5 songs and the rest in snippet form. It's 20+ full songs + a couple of short version songs + a ton of snippets. Bring them on!
  6. I'm convinced that there should be a difference in the tagging of the snippets because it's not the same thing

a) to "mention" (not even sing) a reference of a song (which hardly increases the value of the song itself),

b) a proper snippet (a couple of lines in the middle of a song, which actually adds something extra to it)

c) or even a long extended snippet (which is almost as if he was singing one song in the middle of another).

d) And then off course are songs that are played in short versions, but are not nested in another one.

I find it annoying to see setlists all clogged up with "snippets" that either are only references (a - creep in elevation, LPOE in UTEOTW...) and shouldn't be even labeled only mentioned in the "liner notes", or are short versions apart from any other song (d - Hands before Pride, When Will I See You Again before Stuck...), which should be listed as proper -even if incomplete- songs.

I agree that retagging all 2000 shows would be almost impossible, but it shouldn't be a problem to do it for the 30 shows in the i+e tour so far. And once the tour is over, probably (maaaybe ) there'll be "a couple of years" free to start doing it one tour at a time.

7. random thought that fits in here:

U2 is a tribute band that sucks at playing covers, so they have to play their own songs. But they're still a tribute band.
    Snippets are welcome.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I'm convinced that there should be a difference in the tagging of the snippets because it's not the same thing

a) to "mention" (not even sing) a reference of a song (which hardly increases the value of the song itself),

b) a proper snippet (a couple of lines in the middle of a song, which actually adds something extra to it)

c) or even a long extended snippet (which is almost as if he was singing one song in the middle of another).

d) And then off course are songs that are played in short versions, but are not nested in another one.

I find it annoying to see setlists all clogged up with "snippets" that either are only references (a - creep in elevation, LPOE in UTEOTW...) and shouldn't be even labeled only mentioned in the "liner notes", or are short versions apart from any other song (d - Hands before Pride, When Will I See You Again before Stuck...), which should be listed as proper -even if incomplete- songs.

I agree that retagging all 2000 shows would be almost impossible, but it shouldn't be a problem to do it for the 30 shows in the i+e tour so far. And once the tour is over, probably (maaaybe ) there'll be "a couple of years" free to start doing it one tour at a time.
    YES.

Many of them are repeated throughout the tour so they could be changed in batches anyway.
  9. I love :

Two hearts beat as one/ Let s twist again
    Electric co / Amazing grace
    When love comes to / Midnight hour
    Angel of harlem/Suspicius minds
    All i want is you / Sexual healing
    A day without me / Dear Prudence
    Mothers of the dissapered/ El pueblo vencera
    All Along The Watchtower/Like A Hurricane
    Discoteque/ Stayin' Alive / Life During Wartime

and all the classics like Bad , BD , Vertigo , WOWY and One
  10. I love ALL the snippets, mentions, casual drive-byes, or what-have-you.

My favorites are definitely the one embedded in Bad: Maggies Farm, Rock'n'Roll, Ram-a-Jam (Black Betty), Ruby Tuesday, etc.

Really wished they had done more with the Burning Down the House snippets, great place to let Larry loose on those EBTTRT drums again!

But yeah, the more snippets, the better IMO. As someone else mentioned, it's what makes the show unique and more interesting. And, if there's a bootleg, fun to collect!
  11. i have to go now and do housework
    but honestly i dont mind snippets
    but its not diffinitive
    would prefer a full song in place instead