1992-08-16 - Washington
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

+1

Having the Stockhom show at the same quality as the new Washington version would be awesome.

Who needs official releases.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to acquire the Stockholm SBD so far... please keep an eye out for me!
  2. Originally posted by U2Freak999:@noiseless

The source is up on u2torrents but I don't have enough time to download today. I'll do it tomorrow or you can download it yourself there. Let me know.

3. AH! Hooray! I did check a few times this weekend, hadn't noticed it is shared there by now. No need to download and share here, I'll get it over there.
  4. thanks for requesting and keeping me informed y'all
  5. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

The lossless version we have on this site is the "very bad matrix" he did a while ago. Looks like noiseless is looking to upgrade and improve on his previous work, for which I am very excited!

yes, that's exactly right. Because I really can't listen to that previous one. It's at least 2 years old and I think I may have learned some in those years.
  6. Just wondering/pondering here...I was listening to the 8/12/1993 Wembley show, and thought that show could be another gem if you worked your magic on it. You said something about maybe doing 4 Zoo TV shows, so I figured I'd maybe throw that one into consideration if you hadn't picked out the ones you wanted yet. Not trying to be pushy or anything, it was just an idea- do with it what you like.

Thanks again for doing this! I'm going to listen to the Washington remaster again now.
  7. Good question, Hoosier2012.

I was also wondering which other two (along with Washington and Stockholm) you (noiseless) were considering. There's a lot of talk/hype around here about one of the shows in Italy (I can't remember off hand if it was Milan or Verona - maybe it's both). Also, Anaheim and Houston get a lot of praise. Rotterdam is also rated high but with no UV, I'd pass on it.

Anyway, I (like others) was jjust wondering. I'd be happy if you had decided to stop with the Washington show (thank you one more time) and am THRILLED you are planning to redo Stockholm.
  8. I'm not sure, but isn't the 8/12/1993 Wembley show one of those four 'Wembley Nights' that previously have been remastered - all four of them - by Fradoca? I don't believe I have them on my HD anywhere but I'm quite sure I won't be able to improve anything that's been done by Fradoca. So, my wild guess would be, either you don't have the Fradoca remaster, either you have, and it's the best you'll possibly ever can have.
    I rarely do audience sources, anyway. Unless I attended the show myself, for personal memory. So, I don't think I'll do Milan (that's the one you meant) either.
    Stockholm is one I definitely will do and it will take several weeks. To be honest I did not plan very spectacular things. I started - several times - to master the Dublin pre-FM source, straight from the Westwood One discs. That might not impress most of you as the current FM source is almost perfect. But I want to have the show from the absolute best source. I hope to finish and share it together with Stockholm around the release of the AB box sets.
    About the fourth one (I'm counting Washington), I've not completely made up my mind, I'm considering a surprise but I'm nut sure it will happen.
  9. Sounds good! I didn't even know if it'd be possible or not, really...it was just a wild idea.

And I'm not sure whether or not I've got the Fradoca remaster...anyone know when that one came out?
  10. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:Sounds good! I didn't even know if it'd be possible or not, really...it was just a wild idea.

And I'm not sure whether or not I've got the Fradoca remaster...anyone know when that one came out?

Some years ago already. It's perfect.
  11. Yes I think before 2008, not sure. It's on the show pages - http://www.u2start.com/shows/1049/#audio - you might want to compare to the version you do have.

Currently testing on the Stockholm sources -- damn I knew the SBD was a poor source but I didn't remember it was THIS bad LOL. Curious what I will end up with.
  12. If it's before 2008, then I've already got it. Guess you've just spoiled me for what a fantastic remaster should sound like.