1. I have too say there is some great Bass work in there from Adam he has really shone on the last album and tour, otherwise it is a good but pretty bog standard and very very "U2", U2 song.
  2. I like the part when the loose change falls from Bono's pocket at 0.50. It's fairly middle of the road, doesn't sound like a track that will gain any new fans or lose many existing ones.
  3. I agree that Edge is a bit lackluster here (agree with Dieder, his playing needs to get a little dirtier), but I really, really like how the full thing sounds. I can picture lots of things in my mind while listening to it, and that's a powerful achievement for a song.
  4. Bono sounds brilliant by the way
  5. I'll be honest, I fucking love how this sounds, and I'd be happy if the album took the same approach to soundscapes. I love those synths and atmospheric sounds, the rhodes and stuff.

And I do think that this will be the direction they take with the album, maybe just a bit more creatively though. This song was a one-off, but it's clear it's a Danger Mouse song, and this is his style. It reminds me of UF U2, and I love it.

I'm not even disliking what Edge is doing, it's actually Larry I'm a little disappointed in. This straight up sounds like a drum machine, there's not much going on creatively here. Maybe Larry is finally bored enough with 4/4 that he's phoning it in, or again, maybe because this was a one-off for the movie they're just holding all the great stuff back for the album.

Either way, as a taster, and that's what I'm taking it as, it gets me excited. As a song for a film, and as U2's first song since (IMO) the mostly abysmal NLOTH (apart from live) and their past efforts over the last 10 or so years, this is freakin' great.
  6. I really like what I'm hearing! Nothing cringeworthy thank God! I'm excited for a proper version to be released I don't know how much longer I can wait
  7. Great Bono, boring Larry (indeed sounds like a drum-machine). Can't really judge Adam since the recording isn't great. Edge is somewhat dull.

Like the falsetto, rest of the song reminds me of Smile, Windows in the Skies. Like it was written somewhere between ATYCLB and Bomb. Nice to hear a few times, but no stayer at this moment unless it will grow on me.
  8. Thanks for this

- Beginning sounds awkward, especially the "I can't fight you anymore".
    - Solo sounds dull indeed...
    - Catchy chorus !!
    - Beautiful sounds going on in the background.
    - I like Bono's falsetto.
    - Overall interesting song, BUT imo, it doesn't sound like a whole song. More like some parts put together. And some of them don't fit.
  9. I like it! It's faster than I thought it would be. The part we heard from the clip made me think it would be one of those movie slow songs like "Winter" was from Brothers.
  10. Maybe now
    they will play some pop tunes on the next tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Shit the stream has been taken down, looks like im too late to the party.... opens up youtube