1. SOE was a massive disappointment after SOI. Really poor album.
  2. SOE even has a OneRepublic song on it!
  3. SOE would be viewed differently if they had released SOI/E as a double album or not made us wait as long.
  4. Overall it's a solid album 6 to 7 good songs the rest are ok ,It got a bit tarnished with the ITunes fiasco they should have just offered a code and let people decide themselves if they wanted it but I'm sure deep down the band didn't care as they got massive exposure from it regardless of the backlash from some quarters on social media.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:You won't find me bashing SOI often and I'm always defending it against its poorer brother SOE, but SOI better than Pop? Really?

Not sure if its better,both are good in their own right but Pop has some real stinkers,i'd grade them the same.
    Also SOI is way better than SOE.
  6. It’s always hard to compare albums but this one has aged well for me, much better than SOE. Hopefully one day they’ll remaster it because it almost breaks my expensive headphones every time I listen to it. Live this album rocked though.
  7. I love both SOI and SOE
  8. Happy birthday SOI
  9. Originally posted by kezman:[..]

Not sure if its better,both are good in their own right but Pop has some real stinkers,i'd grade them the same.
    Also SOI is way better than SOE.
    Meh.. Pop, SOI and SOE all have some great tunes.. that alone doesn't make them great albums. Take all three and there are definitely songs on each I'd skip over every time. There are U2 albums I gladly listen through from start to finish, but not these three 🤣
  10. For me Pop is their best album
    SOI is better than SOE but SOE has at least 2 songs better than anything on SOI (Little Things and Book Of Your Heart).
  11. Originally posted by Alvin:For me Pop is their best album
    SOI is better than SOE but SOE has at least 2 songs better than anything on SOI (Little Things and Book Of Your Heart).
    Book of your heart is not even a SOE song, but a bonus track. So, that's only 1 left. I do agree that Little things is the best song of both albums. Actually best song of last 5 albums...
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    One of those scenarios where I couldn't declare SOI as 'better' than Pop but instead say that I personally prefer it. Especially as a whole album.
    Yeah the album cohesion and the whole innocence concept was supremely well executed in SOI, and it's actually its biggest strength. I'd gladly declare it the best (AND my favorite) album of the new century, but I'd have a hard time putting it ahead of anything pre-1999.