1. God will send... and Velvet Dress refs indeed! Lovely And as pointed out, Edge's doing a great job!
  2. I'm with Kieran - I don't think this is brilliant at all. I don't think it's bad...but I think this will be one that, once the hype of this album dies down, people will shrug back off.

It's the "Stand Up Comedy" of the album. A little goofy, but catchy in an odd way. It's nowhere near the train wreck of SUC (fitting abbreviation), but I would hesitate to call it brilliant.

Time will tell.
  3. Listening to the first minute has me thinking "upbeat Wake Up Deadman"

I like it!

4. I said Velvet Dress (I have a soft spot for that one!) when I first heard it. It does sound sexy.
  5. This song feels like it belongs on Achtung Baby from both a musical and lyrical standpoint. It's a song that focuses on living exclusively for the present and the feeling of the song sends a strong message that living your life in your dreams is something of a taboo. Bono's vocal modification adds to that effect. Also, this song shows that Bono can still deliver a mean falsetto. I don't think we've seen his voice go that high since Lemon. I'm hoping this song makes a live appearance.

8.5/10
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:I'm with Kieran - I don't think this is brilliant at all. I don't think it's bad...but I think this will be one that, once the hype of this album dies down, people will shrug back off.

It's the "Stand Up Comedy" of the album. A little goofy, but catchy in an odd way. It's nowhere near the train wreck of SUC (fitting abbreviation), but I would hesitate to call it brilliant.

Time will tell.

I can always rely on Matt for backing me up, haha.

It has some pretty weak lyrics for Bono - some of which are impossibly more cringeworthy for him. I'll give it more listens and report back.
  7. The most experimental of the album, hence the thoughts about this having an AB/Zooropa sound. FEZ was nr.8 on NLOTH and was the most experimental there. But this nr.8 beats it. Sexy and mysterious melody, nicely sung altough the lyrics are a bit simple. But it fits the song somehow, so I'm not bothered with it.
  8. if they play this live, id like him to dress up like MacPhisto again, with the face paint and everything
  9. Damn, this song is growing a lot. The melody, the synthesizers, the 80s sound, the Achtung Baby vibe, Bono's voice (the falsetto!), it all just works. This is a very sexy song.

Although I find the "suicide" rhyming a bit cruel in this context, anyone else?
  10. Mix of Kraftwerk and Pop
  11. Not my choice (too slow), maybe they use it for ending the show like moment of surrender?
  12. This is my favorite on my first pass or two through the album. Not sure if that will remain true. But I love it.