1. Someone else said that this song is about those pederast Catholic priests that got away with it and now they "sleep like babies tonight". At first hear, I thought it was about hypocrisy and how we turn away our heads from the conflicts in the world, but the more I hear it, the more I like the former interpretation. The lyrics are really profound, guys.

You dress in the colours of forgiveness
    Your eyes as red as Christmas
    Purple robes are folder on the kitchen chair

Catholic priests use purple robes for mass.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Someone else said that this song is about those pederast Catholic priests that got away with it and now they "sleep like babies tonight". At first hear, I thought it was about hypocrisy and how we turn away our heads from the conflicts in the world, but the more I hear it, the more I like the former interpretation. The lyrics are really profound, guys.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense when looking at the lyrics. Extremely dark.
  3. Cleary my favorite of the album. Really.
  4. Outstanding song. Again, U2 + Brian Burton = YES!
  5. This is so goosebumps I get goosebumps from that nasty guitar and beat at the end plus dat piano lurking in the distance... stunning.
  6. After a few more listens I'm quite hooked to this song. It has Zooropa written all over it.
  7. great song
  8. I want an album full of this.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Someone else said that this song is about those pederast Catholic priests that got away with it and now they "sleep like babies tonight". At first hear, I thought it was about hypocrisy and how we turn away our heads from the conflicts in the world, but the more I hear it, the more I like the former interpretation. The lyrics are really profound, guys.

Yeh I definitely think the song could be about this

"Tomorrow dawns like someone else's suicide"

So this would be referring to the victims, some of whom take their own lives.
  10. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

Yeh I definitely think the song could be about this

"Tomorrow dawns like someone else's suicide"

So this would be referring to the victims, some of whom take their own lives.

I believe it is too, all the church references make sense, and Bono mentions it in the booklet note too.
    Amazing song and lyrics
  11. Zooropa (the album) has had a sexual affair with If God Will Send His Angels and If You Wear That Velvet Dress while it was pregnant of Kraftwerk, and the result of it all has been this song.
  12. With all the Velvet Dress talk I can't stop singing that while listening to this song. I feel we won't get it in full on a tour but I feel like a snippet could work:

"You're gonna sleep like a baby tonight
    In your dreams, everything is alright
    Tomorrow dawns like a suicide
    But you're gonna sleep like a baby tonight
    Sleep like a baby tonight
    Like a bird, your dreams take a flight
    Like St. Francis covered in light
    You're gonna sleep like a baby...
    Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
    It's a private show
    No one else gonna know
    I want you"