1. Great poppy tune. My fave at the moment, but that changes the more listens I give it.
  2. I like the intro, but I cannot really be in favour of Bono's 'wwhoooaaaoooaaaoo' s in this song. That part and the following vocal notes are too high which makes it a little too harsh than it should be. However, I'd argue that this is not a filler, since it looks too intricate to be one.
  3. There is no end to love! This really has been the message of this band since their inception. I remember watching The Beatles Anthology and at the end of it when Paul McCartney was speaking about why The Beatles music has lived and survived and he spoke about the songs being about love. Listening to California you can hear and feel the euphoric love that this band deliver. Amazing!!
  4. really liking the way Bono sings the "watching you cry like a baby" lines. this song has grown on me a lot.

5. Yes. I like those lines as well
  6. It's definitely a grower!

Can't stop thinking that the song would be better without the intro and just kicked in with Bono singing California.
  7. I gotta say I love the intro. I love the music behind the "Santa Barbara"s - the "oooowoowoo"s and the melodies and the rhythmic chanting is something different and cool.

Great intro!
  8. I'm with you Alex
  9. This is honestly one of my favorites on the album. Maybe second favorite. U2 doing pop the right way for the first time since '01 (with the obviously exception of COBL).
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I gotta say I love the intro. I love the music behind the "Santa Barbara"s - the "oooowoowoo"s and the melodies and the rhythmic chanting is something different and cool.

Great intro!

This.
  11. And yeah, the Santa Barbara part is corny, but no more cringeworthy than a grown man saying "uno dos tres catorce"

Let's remember who we're talking about here.