1. Exactly my thoughts. Have seen Queen & Adam Lambert on their last two tours and although I never saw them live in their heyday, I think he does a commendable job. He too is a flamboyant showman with an impressive voice but, as even he admits, he's not Freddie (and, to be fair, nor does he try to be). Some people who have 'discovered' Queen through the movie are going to be surprised and perhaps disappointed to find that it's not the full iconic band they saw on screen.

Still holding on the hope of a U2 announcement this month.
  2. What kind of U2 communities are there in Asia these days? Are there clubs/ forums/ fansites etc? Japan in particular must have some kind of fanbase.
  3. This is from today online issue of Esquire Magazine Philippines. an interview with the top concert promoter here in the Philippines. the website won't allow me to post the link because i'm a new member. but here is the interesting part.

"ESQ: Each time you announce a show in the country, comments on social media typically contain requests for other artists to bring in. Which artists do fans request the most that MMI bring in?

RP: It changes all the time but at the moment, we have been getting consistent and frequent requests for Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, BTS, Twenty One Pilots, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Drake, U2, The Jonas Brothers, Pvris, Adele and Beyoncé.

HINT: 5 of them are already scheduled to be announced.

ESQ: Last time we spoke you mentioned some of your dream artists that you'd like to bring here—Madonna, Coldplay, and U2. Have you added to the list? Who else would you like to produce a show for here in the Philippines?

RP: My bucket list remains the same—still waiting to tick off U2. Hopefully soon... "

MANILA, PHILIPPINES... The 3rd Asian Country???
  4. MANILA, PHILIPPINES!!!!!????

seriously?
  5. Hopefully. MMI Live is the top concert promoter here in the Philippines.
  6. Interesting.

I guess it would be at the Mall of Asia concert grounds?
  7. maybe Philippine Arena which has a capacity of around 50,000. Guns n Roses played there ;ast year. Produced by MMI Live.
  8. Originally posted by N3ls0n:maybe Philippine Arena which has a capacity of around 50,000. Guns n Roses played there ;ast year. Produced by MMI Live.
    Nice!

I can see it happening. More so than Bangkok.
  9. Originally posted by N3ls0n:This is from today online issue of Esquire Magazine Philippines. an interview with the top concert promoter here in the Philippines. the website won't allow me to post the link because i'm a new member. but here is the interesting part.

"ESQ: Each time you announce a show in the country, comments on social media typically contain requests for other artists to bring in. Which artists do fans request the most that MMI bring in?

RP: It changes all the time but at the moment, we have been getting consistent and frequent requests for Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, BTS, Twenty One Pilots, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Drake, U2, The Jonas Brothers, Pvris, Adele and Beyoncé.

HINT: 5 of them are already scheduled to be announced.

ESQ: Last time we spoke you mentioned some of your dream artists that you'd like to bring here—Madonna, Coldplay, and U2. Have you added to the list? Who else would you like to produce a show for here in the Philippines?

RP: My bucket list remains the same—still waiting to tick off U2. Hopefully soon... "

MANILA, PHILIPPINES... The 3rd Asian Country???
    Yay, the hottest band on the planet, Queen, will be playing in Manila
  10. I'm not so sure. The Philippines average annual salary is quite a lot lower than Thailand. Around $3,600 USD compared to $6,000 in Thailand. Thailand also had a much, much bigger expat community.

They both have similar sized venues, with capacities around 50,000. Although Philippines arena is actually indoors, the largest indoor arena in the world.

Both have, shall we say, interesting political climates at the moment. Philippines' president Duterte makes Trump look sane.

Malaysia is another option. It's average annual income is nearly $10,000 USD, ranking it fourth in Asia (though well behind South Korea, $28,000, & Japan, $38,000 & Hong Kong). It's also got plenty of large venues, it's largest having a capacity of 87,000.

Hopefully the guessing games will be over quite soon