1. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    I'm not so sure. The Philippines average annual salary is quite a lot lower than Thailand. Around $3,600 USD compared to $6,000 in Thailand. Thailand also had a much, much bigger expat community.

They both have similar sized venues, with capacities around 50,000. Although Philippines arena is actually indoors, the largest indoor arena in the world.

Both have, shall we say, interesting political climates at the moment. Philippines' president Duterte makes Trump look sane.

Malaysia is another option. It's average annual income is nearly $10,000 USD, ranking it fourth in Asia (though well behind South Korea, $28,000, & Japan, $38,000 & Hong Kong). It's also got plenty of large venues, it's largest having a capacity of 87,000.

Hopefully the guessing games will be over quite soon
    Coldplay did Manilla as did Ed Sheeran?

I guess we’ll see.
  2. Originally posted by N3ls0n:maybe Philippine Arena which has a capacity of around 50,000. Guns n Roses played there ;ast year. Produced by MMI Live.

3. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    I'm not so sure. The Philippines average annual salary is quite a lot lower than Thailand. Around $3,600 USD compared to $6,000 in Thailand. Thailand also had a much, much bigger expat community.

They both have similar sized venues, with capacities around 50,000. Although Philippines arena is actually indoors, the largest indoor arena in the world.

Both have, shall we say, interesting political climates at the moment. Philippines' president Duterte makes Trump look sane.

Malaysia is another option. It's average annual income is nearly $10,000 USD, ranking it fourth in Asia (though well behind South Korea, $28,000, & Japan, $38,000 & Hong Kong). It's also got plenty of large venues, it's largest having a capacity of 87,000.

Hopefully the guessing games will be over quite soon
    There's still a lot of ex pats in the Philippines. Can't see them playing KL and Singapore. I'd wager on Seoul
  4. Yeah, I'd wager on Tokyo & Seoul, the rest, no idea. Is it four Asian countries, or four Asian cities? Could even include Osaka?
  5. Originally posted by N3ls0n:This is from today online issue of Esquire Magazine Philippines. an interview with the top concert promoter here in the Philippines. the website won't allow me to post the link because i'm a new member. but here is the interesting part.

"ESQ: Each time you announce a show in the country, comments on social media typically contain requests for other artists to bring in. Which artists do fans request the most that MMI bring in?

RP: It changes all the time but at the moment, we have been getting consistent and frequent requests for Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, BTS, Twenty One Pilots, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Drake, U2, The Jonas Brothers, Pvris, Adele and Beyoncé.

HINT: 5 of them are already scheduled to be announced.

ESQ: Last time we spoke you mentioned some of your dream artists that you'd like to bring here—Madonna, Coldplay, and U2. Have you added to the list? Who else would you like to produce a show for here in the Philippines?

RP: My bucket list remains the same—still waiting to tick off U2. Hopefully soon... "

MANILA, PHILIPPINES... The 3rd Asian Country???

ariana, bts, shawn, Jbros, top and drake have an ongoing tour. It definitely wouldnt be taylor since rep tour has just ended. based on the article, U2 is still a dream for mmi. and i dont know abt the rest. To cut it short, there's a rly BIG POSSIBILITY that U2 is 1 of those 5 ?!
  6. more blah blah blah blah .....
  7. Praying that U2 is 1 of those 5 to be announced.
  8. So wait... they still haven't announced this tour?
  9. We like to chat here. You don't seem to, so why even bother posting here, or even looking here? Once there's an announcement you'll see it on TV, & hear it on the radio. No point being here if you don't enjoy it
  10. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    We like to chat here. You don't seem to, so why even bother posting here, or even looking here? Once there's an announcement you'll see it on TV, & hear it on the radio. No point being here if you don't enjoy it
    +1