1. Originally posted by GayThePrayAway:Hmmmmm acoustic wise i feel these would work:

ISHFWILF
    TTTYAATW
    Stay
    SATS
    IYWTVD

(probably cause most of these have been performed in acoustic form before ahahahaha)
    I think it was to be a rotation of 2 or 3 slots, which they eventually just turned into the rotation slots at the e stage. Just a guess though.
  2. Im intrigued by this interview. This is a good direction. Let's just assume we are getting 'Stuck' on piano. I think they need to release a retrospective of stray tracks.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:

Shameless plug--you can hear the acoustic mysterious ways on the rehearsal sets I released from Rogers Place last year.

Those are great! I just did not remember which year the acoustic MW was rehearsed.
    Gonna listen to those rehearsals again over the weekend.
  4. where can I find the recording of this rehearsal session?
  5. For me, any band releasing a collection of past songs in acoustic format is admitting the glory days are long gone. But it's still less cringe worthy than the career-killing Christmas album (unless of course you're Michael Bublé and have made a career out of releasing the same album every Christmas). Let's hope it's new material.
  6. Sorry but I can't find on U2Torrents a session dated 5th may 2015 ...
  7. On U2Torrents you will only find the rehearsals and the gigs held at Rogers Arena (May 11th - May 15th if I remember correctly). Other rehearsals were done at Pacific Coliseum (at least from April 20th) but no recordings exist from those rehearsals (or they have not been released yet).

Anyway, to stay on topic, I've been saying for years that U2 is one of the very few big names that have not done MTV Unplugged or other acoustic performances. I would LOVE acoustic reinventions of the songs (if they are truly acoustic). A very good example of what I mean is the busker version of The Miracle
  8. Correct, only stuff from Rogers has been released in complete format. Few random stuff from PNE has come out from either Nuno or myself but nothing full.
  9. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:On U2Torrents you will only find the rehearsals and the gigs held at Rogers Arena (May 11th - May 15th if I remember correctly). Other rehearsals were done at Pacific Coliseum (at least from April 20th) but no recordings exist from those rehearsals (or they have not been released yet).

Anyway, to stay on topic, I've been saying for years that U2 is one of the very few big names that have not done MTV Unplugged or other acoustic performances. I would LOVE acoustic reinventions of the songs (if they are truly acoustic). A very good example of what I mean is the busker version of The Miracle
    With all the stuff they’ve released acoustic or played live acoustic we’ve got a full shows worth of songs. I was looking through their songs yesterday thinking what songs haven’t I heard acoustic that I would like to hear and there isn’t many. Moment of surrender is one that interests me and as they have rehearsed it maybe it’s a realistic one we could get, I’d quite like to hear landlady, if god will send his angels, some days are better than others, when I look at the world and peace on Earth acoustic but other than that they’ve done everything else I would want. Lemon on piano as well actually i’d like to hear with Bono singing it non falsetto.
  10. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:On U2Torrents you will only find the rehearsals and the gigs held at Rogers Arena (May 11th - May 15th if I remember correctly). Other rehearsals were done at Pacific Coliseum (at least from April 20th) but no recordings exist from those rehearsals (or they have not been released yet).

Slow Dancing needs to be on that list. The Miracle and American Prayer as well.
  11. Acoustic/piano u2 already released live and studio

Love Is Bigger
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    You’re The Best Thing
    The Miracle
    Every breaking Wave
    California
    Song For Someone
    Raised By Wolves
    Cedarwood Road
    Vertigo
    Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
    A Man And A Woman
    Original Of The Species
    Yahweh
    Stuck In A Moment
    Walk on
    Staring At The Sun
    Stay
    The Fly
    So Cruel
    Love Is Blindness
    Silver And Gold

I might have missed some and there’s a few that are questionable as to whether they are properly acoustic that could be added. Then there’s some really good quality unreleased acoustic live versions of one, SBS, please, wild honey, ground beneath her feet, ordinary love, in gods country, ISHFWILF, probably more still.