1. I got my 4CD from Amazon on Sunday and the white cassette from u2.com
  2. i ordered mine from Amazon today , over £10 cheaper than via U2.com
  3. U2.com have shipped my replacement 4CD and cassette today (it never arrived with the Vinyl).
  4. This is very bad stuff.
    Bad voice.
    Lazy arrangments.

What the hell happened?
    Dear Lord, what they did with Desire?
  5. They had too much time on their hands and no producers to tell them no, lol.

It’s not all bad. There are some nice moments on the album.

But yes, some of it leaves a bit to be desired. (Pun very much intended.)
  6. Originally posted by Timk68:Having listened to bits now , my overwhelming response is to go and grab the original track and put that on. Tnen it suddenly dawned on me, this is genius from U2 and it's management . The whole thing is a stealth advert for the back catalogue. Wonky versions of original classics that will suck people back into buying the back catalogue. Brilliant business move i'll give them that.

I guess you did not get my memo about how reimagined albums are almost always the lowest selling album of an artist's career. You can look it up. I have not yet made my review but no matter how much I hate it or love it, it was unnecessary. If they absolutely had to follow a overly followed trend, it should have been one 75 min cd. Nobody who is not a fan will buy this.

7. Great idea. It sure will move the 5 million copies to have the general public beg for a Broadway show. I can't go out in public as a well known U2 fan without being asked for my review. And I said well known...not famous or important. I am sure Sergio and Remy are 10,000 times more important than I am...and that's fine. I am better known as a Prince fan anyway...but my love and knowledge of U2 runs deeper than most know. As well as my somewhat funny use of sarcasm.
  8. Maybe it was unnecessary and better suited to earlier in the pandemic; and I've said this before, but the really exciting part for me is it is the album they chose to make it. We can all form contrary views on the quality of the output but I'm thrilled that they didn't do this to be relevant, or to find that elusive radio hit or because the record label required something. The did it to please themselves and I want more of that approach.
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Maybe it was unnecessary and better suited to earlier in the pandemic; and I've said this before, but the really exciting part for me is it is the album they chose to make it. We can all form contrary views on the quality of the output but I'm thrilled that they didn't do this to be relevant, or to find that elusive radio hit or because the record label required something. The did it to please themselves and I want more of that approach.
    I understand your sentiments, but they did not choose to do something compelling and original. They chose to do something that has been done over and over and over and over again. If they choose to do an album with the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra next, will it be any more excusable since they chose to do it? Well if it were the Tallahassee Orchestra it might lol. And they are not 33 years old with all the time in the world. They are aging and wasting precious time that is not in abundance for new material.
  10. So interesting how opinions differ haha I fucking love Desire with edge singing 😂

For me the best songs are:

1. Bad (wow, breathtaking)
    2. Desire (love it)
    3. UTEOTW (seriously love this too)
    4. WGRYWH (very good)

The worst song: walk on. So fucking cringe it makes me sick.
  11. Originally posted by thebonodrums:[..]
    So interesting how opinions differ haha I fucking love Desire with edge singing 😂

For me the best songs are:

1. Bad (wow, breathtaking)
    2. Desire (love it)
    3. UTEOTW (seriously love this too)
    4. WGRYWH (very good)

The worst song: walk on. So fucking cringe it makes me sick.
    Really interesting.
    I respect, feelings are fellings.
    But I don't understand
  12. I think the Pitchfork review is actually pretty spot on.