1. Originally posted by Hole:[..]

Very well said. I find ithe recordings far more interesting than good. But if they felt they needed to do it, fine. Now it’s out of their way, I hope for an album with some energy in. Personally I didn’t want them to do old songs with no energy. I need them to do new songs with the old high energy.
    That’s the point.some tracks lost energy and that’s a pity.I’m just giving my own personal opinion.in some cases they really killed some songs kinda Streets or Out of Control and Miracle
    Some got better with intimacy,like Every Breaking Wave or Sometimes you can’t…
    Wether we like this record or not,U2 will always be part of our lives,my life,your lives
    And I’m glad for that
    I still find myself in many songs which really talk about me,my life,what happened to me etc etc
    This album will surely reach the shelf in a fast way and me myself will wait ( hopefully) for a new album full of energy and emotions
    Yep!
  2. I am way happier with the album than I could have ever imagined. When it was first rumoured I was intrigued but not thrilled. When it didn't come out at Christmas I was really annoyed since I was reading the book/listening to the audio and excited by the snippets and craved the tie-in. When Pride came out I was in love. It was beautiful but people on here were acting like it was the end of the world (LOL). With Or Without You and One came out and I was like "Oh... OK...." and then Beautiful Day soared. The comments on here were toying with convincing me SOS would be bad but I took last Friday off and listened and I was so so happy.

A new U2 album.... but you know the words and have the feels for the songs before you ever press play!
  3. Those interested in sales...this is for the UK as of earlier this evening.

Songs Of Surrender has 18,197 sales so far with 16,189 copies being from physical copies. The next biggest album is The Weeknd's hits collection at 5,420 sales. U2 will take the number 1 on Friday it looks like.

So 16,189 physical sales.
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Those interested in sales...this is for the UK as of earlier this evening.

Songs Of Surrender has 18,197 sales so far with 16,189 copies being from physical copies. The next biggest album is The Weeknd's hits collection at 5,420 sales. U2 will take the number 1 on Friday it looks like.

So happy !!
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:Sting and Bryan Adams did reworked version of their old material but both didn't deviate much from the original versions infact I don't understand why they didn't It was just copy and paste, at least U2 tried something different and gave the songs a new twist it might not always work but it's interesting to hear different versions of their classic songs.

This..... That's why U2 is my all-time favorite.
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Greeting old friends just stopping in on my general bicentennial orbit of the interweb. Enjoying SOS for what it is - nothing groundbreaking but always interested to hear how the boys' minds are working and where they're at creatively (particularly B & E). Take care and be good to each other

Good to see you're back! How long has it been?
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Those interested in sales...this is for the UK as of earlier this evening.

is that across all formats ? cd / vinyl / cassette ?
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Those interested in sales...this is for the UK as of earlier this evening.

Interesting, thanks a lot. Do we know how many physical copies did SOE sell in the first week? I know it was around 40k copies but I'd bet that's digital + stream + physical combined.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Interesting, thanks a lot. Do we know how many physical copies did SOE sell in the first week? I know it was around 40k copies but I'd bet that's digital + stream + physical combined.
    It was 40,669 copies total for the full week - that included digital and physical including streams…I probably have the breakdown around here somewhere. I’ll see if I can dig it out.