1. Huh. Not sure why you’re not getting the liner notes, then. I haven’t gotten on my laptop to see if they’re there for me, but they do typically show up on there.
  2. Is the Target (US) Blue Vinyl the same as the HMV (UK) Blue vinyl ? Or are we dealing with different RAL colours
  3. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:[..]
    Huh. Not sure why you’re not getting the liner notes, then. I haven’t gotten on my laptop to see if they’re there for me, but they do typically show up on there.
    Haven’t gotten them for a purchased album in ages. I’ll have to do a Google search to find out.
  4. If you look in the iTunes Store the last item will usually be the digital booklet if one is included. I don’t see one in iTunes (Canada) for this new album. Doesn’t look like they did one.
  5. Opening with “One” and closing with “40” seems such an un-U2 thing to do that I’m intrigued at their motivation for doing so. It’s so cliched and contrary to their resistance to doing the obvious; that there just has to be some kind of subtle genius behind it right? Then again, maybe Larry wasn’t around to veto it or ask “seriously lads, are we doing this?”
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Opening with “One” and closing with “40” seems such an un-U2 thing to do that I’m intrigued at their motivation for doing so. It’s so cliched and contrary to their resistance to doing the obvious; that there just has to be some kind of subtle genius behind it right? Then again, maybe Larry wasn’t around to veto it or ask “seriously lads, are we doing this?”
    In the BBC interview they openly play on marketing gimmicks. 1-40. Playing SoS by Abba because it’s Songs of Surrender.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    If you look in the iTunes Store the last item will usually be the digital booklet if one is included. I don’t see one in iTunes (Canada) for this new album. Doesn’t look like they did one.
    Thanks! I'm seeing that for a lot of my purchases lately. That's disappointing. Always loved looking through "the book" as I called it as a kid.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    In the BBC interview they openly play on marketing gimmicks. 1-40. Playing SoS by Anna because it’s Songs of Surrender.
    Which I loved. Wish they would do a digital release of that.
  9. There’s a bit of joyfullness to these promo appearances. A looseness that is great to see.
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Opening with “One” and closing with “40” seems such an un-U2 thing to do that I’m intrigued at their motivation for doing so. It’s so cliched and contrary to their resistance to doing the obvious; that there just has to be some kind of subtle genius behind it right? Then again, maybe Larry wasn’t around to veto it or ask “seriously lads, are we doing this?”
    Do we really care that much about tracklisting ?
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Looks like U2 are getting their first number 1 in the UK since “No Line on the Horizon” and the album has been outselling the rest of the top five albums combined. The 2006 compilation looks like it will re-enter the top 40 as well.

Well well well...
  12. Best of album re-entering the charts is interesting