1. I just faught my way through the first 20 TUF versions of 360 bootlegs on my pc and don't hit me but all versions of TUF sound pretty much the same amazing... and weird
  2. Originally posted by MacStripey:I just faught my way through the first 20 TUF versions of 360 bootlegs on my pc and don't hit me but all versions of TUF sound pretty much the same amazing... and weird

Probably recorded in Dublin HQ lol
  3. Also depends on the quality of the bootlegs. Wembley 2 is a stunner, but that's because you can hear Edge's orchestra very well. Amsterdam 1 is beautiful sang but the guitar is a bit in the background.
  4. Bono made some changes in the lyrics and in the melody. Anyway, i think in most of the 360 concerts bono was playing save with his voice during TUF. However, in Amsterdam at the first concert he was trying real hard to reach the difficult notes, and i must say, it sounded amazing!!!!
  5. album version is still best, but it was amazing to hear it live

6. I'm with Sergio on none of them sounding the same as the older versions...but the Landover show's was really good imo. It had that full effect of the orchestra in the background.
  7. What genre would people say the songs on The Unforgettable Fire are?

I can't put my finger on it. Its hard to decide, its definatly not rock or pop.

I would say atmospheric maybe... is that a type??
  8. Originally posted by u2spear:What genre would people say the songs on The Unforgettable Fire are?

I can't put my finger on it. Its hard to decide, its definatly not rock or pop.

I would say atmospheric maybe... is that a type??

Wagnerian.

Nah just kidding - I wish it was though. Ambient, atmospheric and post-punk (yeah, I know).
  9. Such a good atmosphere created by these songs

Misty, heart-felt, smooth, dark, wonderous... I love it

10. more like boring, tasteless, crap, Elvis, bleh...
    seriously this album is soooo overrated and ten times more unfinished than anything from Pop

11. There's also a very celtic feel to much of the album. A bit like Clannad's In A Lifetime
  12. Originally posted by Shimitz:[..]

more like boring, tasteless, crap, Elvis, bleh...
    seriously this album is soooo overrated and ten times more unfinished than anything from Pop

Im not going to go that far but i agree somewhat with the point. For me the album is just ok. Live is where most of the songs really jump out. I hardly listen to the album itself. Love the songs though