1. first listenings .. it's more likely a Thom Yorke solo album in Kid A mood
    hard to absorb as always .. maybe more
    where did they forget guitars anyway? there are such good guitarists in the band
    very good sequel of ... The eraser anyway
  2. Originally posted by clover68:first listenings .. it's more likely a Thom Yorke solo album in Kid A mood
    hard to absorb as always .. maybe more
    where did they forget guitars anyway? there are such good guitarists in the band
    very good sequel of ... The eraser anyway

Unfortunately, I was never able to get into The Eraser - only liked a few tracks. Might end up being the case with the album...I'll keep trying.

Shouldn't have to be that way though, should it?
  3. this album is the last sounds of the band we formerly knew as Radiohead being washed away in a jungle of electronica and beats.

4. Too bad so many Radiohead fans seem to dislike king of limbs. I like it a lot, played it a few times more today and keep liking it more and more. Just pissed off it's only 37 minutes long, so hoping for part II to come out soon.
  5. Originally posted by JRlovesU2:Too bad so many Radiohead fans seem to dislike king of limbs. I like it a lot, played it a few times more today and keep liking it more and more. Just pissed off it's only 37 minutes long, so hoping for part II to come out soon.

i really like it myself. i mean no disrespect here whatsoever, but just like kid a, king of limbs will definitely weed out some of the more casual radiohead fans.

im not saying everyone has to love it either or that i cant believe someone would criticize it, its just every time they release a record thats not as accessible, the herd thins a bit lol
  6. Originally posted by aski:this album is the last sounds of the band we formerly knew as Radiohead being washed away in a jungle of electronica and beats.

that was said 10 years ago after kid a too
  7. Nobody was saying anything after Kid A. They were picking their jaws up off the floor. The album was an instant masterpiece.
  8. Originally posted by aski:this album is the last sounds of the band we formerly knew as Radiohead being washed away in a jungle of electronica and beats.

but it´s not as electronic as some other things they´ve already put out, isn´t it? I don´t even hear that much electronica...

anyway, this album sounds so different than I thought it would be and yes, I want part II of it and it´s not my RH album... but I can definetely say I am starting to like this album and even love some songs (Everything except tracks 2 and 4)!
  9. Copied this "quote" from atease, radiohead's offcial fan-site:

They’re the one band who can self-release music like this and have people lined up to put down money for it, and that gives them a whole lot of freedom. So can we just take a moment to marvel at how totally unlikely this is? Radiohead have a large, broad, devoted fan base, on a scale most proper pop stars struggle to muster. They have this while making a kind of music that, when it’s coming from anyone else, tends to get dismissed as marginal, obscure, and pretentious, or even a pointless, hookless, self-important snooze. They’re the one act normal rock fans trust to introduce them to sounds and ideas from further afield — from electronic music, experimental music, contemporary classical, wherever. No other band makes so many fans turn quite so studiously patient and open-minded. It’s as if the world has agreed that this is the one flagship group everyone will turn to for that experience — the band people will enjoy taking seriously, approaching slowly, and pondering as art rather than entertainment. The whole concept of “serious listening” has somehow become this one act’s brand. How improbable is that?

Very interesting.

10. same here and same it was for other albums of this kind (kid a, amnesiac) .. hard to give a definitive judgement .. early indeed.
    what makes me a little bit disappointed is the very small contribution by Jonny .. most of the songs were played by Thom during his solo gigs (Lotus flower, Give up the ghost, Separator) and Morning mr magpie seems to be from The eraser session.
    maybe he's too much distracted by all his stuff all around .. another soundtrack has to come out.
    but .. i might be wrong
    a growing album anyway

11. I'm not trying to over-analyze this album, but I all of a sudden thought of a sensible reason why I like this new album so much.

Besides pop/rock/indie, I also listen to a lot of jazz-albums. Both "old school" jazz and new stuff, like electro-jazz.

Quite a few songs on this album sound just like a lot of electro-jazz I listen to, and then all of a sudden the "Radiohead juice" flows into the songs. So it makes perfect sense to me.

Just my late-tuesday-night thoughts.
  12. Originally posted by JRlovesU2:I'm not trying to over-analyze this album, but I all of a sudden thought of a sensible reason why I like this new album so much.

Besides pop/rock/indie, I also listen to a lot of jazz-albums. Both "old school" jazz and new stuff, like electro-jazz.

Quite a few songs on this album sound just like a lot of electro-jazz I listen to, and then all of a sudden the "Radiohead juice" flows into the songs. So it makes perfect sense to me.

Just my late-tuesday-night thoughts.

I think you're onto something there. I've listened to the whole album a couple of times today and felt it owed a lot to jazz forms and traditions.