1. Get on your boots edit

crazy demo next...but as you can tell from `boots` it`s not looking bad!..and sounds terrific!

gen
  2. that GOYB was really good, very refreshing from the usual 1 cam perspective that u see on youtube.
  3. Nice work. Not my cup of tea but technically it looks good on youtube.

4. please note the quality is lower resolution to the boots demo above, this was because we compressed the footage from the mpeg2 file.

ok final demo for the U2`ubed DVD...decided to do a highlights clip....enjoy!
    ...work will continue on the project, hopefully have some rapidshare links soon for the whole show.

gen.

5. Originally posted by Genesis1966:[YouTube Video]
    please note the quality is lower resolution to the boots demo above, this was because we compressed the footage from the mpeg2 file.

...work will continue on the project, hopefully have some rapidshare links soon for the whole show.

gen.

I must say I'm surprised by the mixing etc . Should be a great overview of the first leg when this is released
  6. Originally posted by Genesis1966:[YouTube Video]
    please note the quality is lower resolution to the boots demo above, this was because we compressed the footage from the mpeg2 file.

gen.

Nice work
    take it this is the demo for your first dvd as the tracklist is in that order
  7. Originally posted by Genesis1966:[YouTube Video]

gen.

I have to say that this looks great, and I'll certainly be downloading once it's available.

Any chance you'll be able to fill the gaps in the set list (e.g. Unknown Caller etc)?
  8. Hi

yes all the tracks will be included in the final edit.

should be ready thurs/fri this week, just fine tuning it and checking for errors...(i know the concert better than U2 do now!!!!)...alot of viewing!

please note: the demo`s we put on youtube have also changed!...more edits are now included in all the footage...so it now looks even better than the real thing!..

thanks for all the positive comments, it is all we require to finish it...so thank you.

gen.
  9. I dont think you need any help but if you do let me know
  10. I know you're almost done but a suggestion for future projects:

Include two audio soundtracks. They don't have to be 5.1 or anything, just regular 2channel stereo but instead include the first as your 're-synched' audio and the second as the actual concert audio. You could still do a HD version but instead including those two audio soundtracks. This is what I do on some of my little projects - I might add an interview for the first audio stream and the actual concert or performance for the second.

I have tried it before (with decent results). One problem, is not only Bono (and others!) mentioning cities and recent events a lot, can also cause issues when you're trying to do multitrack edits, say you're making an 80s show but he mentions the Iraq War (?). But I'm interested in how it comes out...I'll have a watch when I can and let you know my feedback.

Also - does anyone know where to get audio of a large or small crowd cheering and applauding?

i think you`ll find that alot of official dvd`s are made from a series of nights...very rare a band does not mess something up throughout 1 gig

I've seen some where they use shows recorded in other countries just for crowd shots alone! And that was official!
  11. Hi

As you are probably aware, image is one thing..sound is another!...due to the workload involved there will only be the one soundtrack...
    place names is less of a worry as the concert and style of editing should help you forget that!...
    we might possibly make a 5.1dts out of the stereo recording but this is again more work and time...
    the original sound will not be evident as it is poor standard and broken through editing..

gen.