1. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

have to agree; one of their best, never nailed live (dublin 93 is nice though) and I dont think that Stay is poppy. Some Days is poppy, Babyface maybe. But the real class of that album is Lemon.

Really curious to Every Breaking Wave.

When I say poppy, I mean radio-friendly. The two you mention are not that.

And yes, it is a bloody good song. Let's hope Every Breaking Wave or something else is as good.

And yes, I agree about Lemon.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

those 2 tracks wernt made to be on an album though. One was a cover and the other was a half arsed attempt at a Christmas song. The man might make a decent album

He's certainly managed it with enough other people....
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

those 2 tracks wernt made to be on an album though. One was a cover and the other was a half arsed attempt at a Christmas song. The man might make a decent album

Rubin wants to make a back to the basics album. Thats nothing to do with U2. He does want the pure sound of a rock band, no backing tracks etc.
  4. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Rubin wants to make a back to the basics album. Thats nothing to do with U2. He does want the pure sound of a rock band, no backing tracks etc.

he obviously struck a chord with the band if they are considering rekindling those Rubin sessions
  5. Something like Kingdom (of Our Love) sounds good/brilliant. I hope for more Eno-stuff or some polished Rubin tracks. I fear for more Crumbs From Your Table kinda songs with Rubin.
  6. Originally posted by MWSAH:Something like Kingdom (of Our Love) sounds good/brilliant. I hope for more Eno-stuff or some polished Rubin tracks. I fear for more Crumbs From Your Table kinda songs with Rubin.

nothing wrong with Crumbs. Decent song. imo.

I expect more songs like SUC with Rubin.
  7. It's worth noting that Zooropa was conceived and recorded in the middle of a tour. This is quite different; we're getting songs that didn't tie into NLOTH.

I'm concerned to be honest. I think NLOTH is a good album but by no means a great or brilliant one and the fact that these songs couldn't make it on in place of SUC or Crazy is a concern. I don't think NLOTH was as alternative as some people are reporting.
  8. I have a felling that Songs of Ascent will be a great and decent album but I wonder what will come out from those 'Rick' sessions... another 'War' album soundscape?
  9. i would love to hear pop/rock sound i wanna hear U2 on the radio again! i dont really enjoy stuff like Zooropa. I love HTDAAB abut i love Kingdom too. So I dont really know what i want
  10. U2 should definitely finish their Fez sessions for Songs of Ascent. They can go back to Rick Rubin some time in the future, some good songs might be there, too. But for now, I think they can make a killer album if there's stuff which sounds like Fez - Being Born and Kingdom on it.
    Well, if they make an album like that, I think they would sell about 75 copies.

Worldwide.
  11. Originally posted by KaiserJose:It's worth noting that Zooropa was conceived and recorded in the middle of a tour. This is quite different; we're getting songs that didn't tie into NLOTH.

I'm concerned to be honest. I think NLOTH is a good album but by no means a great or brilliant one and the fact that these songs couldn't make it on in place of SUC or Crazy is a concern. I don't think NLOTH was as alternative as some people are reporting.

I'm not sure it was a question of couldn't make it so much as they chose the ones that they best felt fitted together. SUC is a potential thorn in a bunch of roses for some (and I suspect they've lost confidence in it as they're not trying to play it live), but it's inclusion doesn't necessarily indicate that the songs that would make Songs of Ascent will be inferior.

PS I think NLOTH is a great album. Top 3 or 4 for me it remains.