1. Nah. we have 34000 members. At least half would buy it for sure
  2. this is even more remote than a pipe dream,
    but remember the smashing pumpkings mellon collie and the infinite sadness?
    one disc pretty much straight up angst and rock, the second disc much more mellow and experimental?

i think it would be great if u2 did that. one disc rubin stuff, 2nd disc soa stuff

3. I wouldn't say that. I'm sure that many of them don't own all the albums (physically). I know that some of the people who atended Barcelona's opening night didn't buy the NLOTH album at all, and more examples.

Seriously, if they don't care about albm sales, go on with the experimental/meditation songs which SoA is supposed to have. I will love them for sure
  4. Originally posted by pesto:this is even more remote than a pipe dream,
    but remember the smashing pumpkings mellon collie and the infinite sadness?
    one disc pretty much straight up angst and rock, the second disc much more mellow and experimental?

i think it would be great if u2 did that. one disc rubin stuff, 2nd disc soa stuff

Lovely idea. Will never happen.

5. Depends what they're going for. Zooropa and Pop are both generally v. popular with fans and critics but wouldn't have anywhere near the same sales as some of the other albums

Ideally you'd hope for another Actung Baby, an alternative album that was was so popular its now largely seen in a mainstream light, but I think if there was another One, Fly, MW, EBTTRT & WGRYWH (as singles) out there we would have heard them already.

On the point of SoA songs not getting ahead of NLOTH's weaker songs, I realise that a good album has to be a collection of songs that work together but if you look at the album there's three distinct parts, the weakest probably being the funky middle one. I still think that due to the different genres there they could have included better songs (if they do indeed exist).

Then again they must have known that they would be releasing SoA down the line and would therefore know not to put all their eggs in one basket.

6. Indeed. It's a great song.

7. Yep, nothing wrong with Crumbs. If you ignore the terrible lyrics that could have been written by a 3 years old and the awful musical composition.

If the Rubin stuff is anywhere near SUC, they better leave it where it is and it never sees the light of day.
  8. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Yep, nothing wrong with Crumbs. If you ignore the terrible lyrics that could have been written by a 3 years old and the awful musical composition.

If the Rubin stuff is anywhere near SUC, they better leave it where it is and it never sees the light of day.

Agree on the Rubin part. Maybe Crums isnt a masterpiece, but it isnt as bad as Man And A Woman and All Becuse of You

(other topic, I know)
  9. Originally posted by dieder:I prefer Fez stuff. Obviously I don't know what it looks like but I'm not too keen on the work with Rick Rubin. Saints are Coming and Window In The Skies were good singles but I certainly don't want an album full of those songs

I really liked those songs and was excited to see what kind of album would come out of these sessions.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

those 2 tracks wernt made to be on an album though. One was a cover and the other was a half arsed attempt at a Christmas song. The man might make a decent album

Rick Rubin has worked with a lot of interesting people. People from the Dixie Chicks, to the Beastie Boys to Jay-Z. I would love to get a little bit of a hip hop beat into a hard rocker of a song. Something along the lines of 99 Problems.