1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

those 2 tracks wernt made to be on an album though. One was a cover and the other was a half arsed attempt at a Christmas song. The man might make a decent album

But do we want decent albums? I think NLOTH is great, and if the next album isn't as good as that they'd better don't release it at all.
  2. I really like NLOTH....It ranks around 3 or 4 or 5...it keeps shuffling with POP and TUF hauhuahua...

I think Crumbs From Your Table has nice lyrics and rythm, quite a metaphor for US politics during/ after Cold War. It´s quite a tune in my opinion!

As for the quality of SoA..I think that they are using the songs that they didn´t finish, they didn´t decide a version or didn´t fit in the NLOTH either because it would make it too sad or too happy. So I don´t think they were left out because they are worst, they just need more time. I just fear when they say more radio friendly because I don´t want 4 songs like Crazy Tonight in the same album. I mean, every album has had its poppier song and Crazy Tonight is a nice little joyful tune...but not 4 of them!

3. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Yep, nothing wrong with Crumbs. If you ignore the terrible lyrics that could have been written by a 3 years old and the awful musical composition.

If the Rubin stuff is anywhere near SUC, they better leave it where it is and it never sees the light of day.

Hear, hear, Crumbs is terrible, easily the worst song on Bomb and the worst thing they've written in years.
  4. based on the RS article, it sounds like they've abandoned the idea of getting Songs of Ascent out by the end of the year. I'm guessing best case is we'll see a new album next Fall given they have tour dates confirmed for late 2010.
  5. It will be kind of lame if they release a new album with all of these (hopefully) great songs, and they only finish off the 360 tour playing them. I guess it would be like ZooTV, where North America and stuff didn't get to see any Zooropa songs live.

6. All Because of You and Elevation, I would have replaced that with.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:It will be kind of lame if they release a new album with all of these (hopefully) great songs, and they only finish off the 360 tour playing them. I guess it would be like ZooTV, where North America and stuff didn't get to see any Zooropa songs live.

Sounds feasible to me that they release it in April/May 2010 and then hit the road
  8. the american market is remarkably.... unpredictable and at times fickle. zooropa was easily my favorite album in college in '93/'94 and is still played often by college friends... and it won a number of awards in the US as well despite it being a "european" themed album (of course it sure sounds great on an ipod riding on an SBahn, don't get me wrong). unforgettable fire (often called a "european" album) remains my personal all time favorite and still gets played regularly by some of my older friends here in the midwestern united states. Fez/Being Born is a powerful piece of music on its own.... and too resonates when cataloged with Eno influenced music, which has found a dedicated audience here in america (arcade fire!... radiohead!) ... i have noticed KCRW (the lauded alternative public radio station in los angeles) playing it in heavy rotation lately. sure, an album full of material like Fez/Being Born may not "SELL" well initially in america (a la "passengers") but i predict the hipsters would be collecting it on vinyl some years from now.

9. I looked at your profile and thought I wonder which songs were the worst U2 have done in a long time - luckily there's eight there which I wouldn't say are bad at all.