1. U2 are at the point now where it doesn’t matter how good an album is that they put it out, people will not be satisfied. I found the last two albums to be a pretty solid effort. I don’t get why people are like done with them there not touring new albums give them a break there not in spotlight anymore they are older gentleman n new albums n new tours will come when fit n ready it’s not there heyday anymore
  2. Originally posted by f1schu111:U2 are at the point now where it doesn’t matter how good an album is that they put it out, people will not be satisfied. I found the last two albums to be a pretty solid effort. I don’t get why people are like done with them there not touring new albums give them a break there not in spotlight anymore they are older gentleman n new albums n new tours will come when fit n ready it’s not there heyday anymore
    By last two albums do you mean SOI and SOE?
    Personally I enjoyed both of those, very very solid late career releases with some of their best songs of recent times (TLTTGYA, RBW, EBW etc). Also the tours were among my favourites that I've seen.
    My problem is SOS, Vegas and no Larry. I'd rather they retired than do any of those.
  3. SOI is ok. The tour was great. SOE is no good, except Little Things and Blackout. Tour was so so, even with the Berlin segment.

But still, i wish they release new music and tour it. Better crappy new stuff then a re re re re release of old stuff (or even worse re-imagined old stuff)
  4. Originally posted by Zoo_Station_DW:[..]
    By last two albums do you mean SOI and SOE?
    Personally I enjoyed both of those, very very solid late career releases with some of their best songs of recent times (TLTTGYA, RBW, EBW etc). Also the tours were among my favourites that I've seen.
    My problem is SOS, Vegas and no Larry. I'd rather they retired than do any of those.
    I think SOS and Vegas will be more manageable long term if they do indeed (as Edge claims) have new material they are sitting on for 2024. That’s what made The Joshua Tree anniversary tour okay for me…knowing that it was a momentary “pause” to honor a historic album before moving onward with new music. That’s the perspective I’m trying to have.
  5. 60 years ago today (28 August), Martin Luther King delivered his "I have a dream" speech.

We're still not there yet - "The journey of equality moves on...on...on"
  6. Scary to think we're further from the IE tour now than that tour was from 360
  7. …and Achtung Baby was closer to Boy than we are to 360..
  8. the thing i mostly like about U2 is how they have reinvented themselves like Bowie and The Beatles

i like that because they thought out of the box and now we can enjoy The Joshua era U2 just as much as the Achtung era U2 - The POP era U2 just as much as the WAR era U2

because artists like The Stones, Oasis, Stereophonics and Springsteen have basically stayed the same using the same format with only a little tweak here and there - and they haven't excited as much

but i realise that that 'change' or 'metamorphosis' only really suits the young - if the band came out today with a new Bono character and direction then it would be hugely embarrassingly and cringe-worthy and that would be simply because of their age

yes, it is ageist - but it's true

i find Madonna hugely embarrassingly and cringe-worthy by trying to 'keep young and popular'

she don't need it - grow old gracefully and not like some plastic freakish scary granny sex doll

anyhoo - they're my thoughts
  9. IDK, I think they could pull off a change in musical direction, back to the "if it keeps us interested" thing like Bono used to say..I mean they can go in any direction they want and I'd give it a chance. Age shouldn't limit what artists do. Granted, Madonna is on a whole other level, it almost seems forced or "too much." And her meltable face looking like she's been stung by 30 bees is just ridiculous. I like how U2 for the most part are wearing their age, wrinkles and all
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:I feel pretty much detached from most things U2 related at the moment, and it's been like this for a good bunch of months already. It has happened plenty of times in the past during periods of low U2 activity (most usually between tours), but I always had the comfort of looking forward to a new album.

But what lies ahead is even more of the same disillusionment that's brought me here: a residency (dislike) in Vegas (dislike) paying tribute to a classic album (dislike) without Larry (huge disappointment) and very little hope of a new album in the near future (despair).

It's pretty safe to say this is my all time lowest point as a U2 fan
    I have been in a U2+U2start blackout for almost 2 months after I posted this. I was super detached and disillusioned.

And all of a sudden I see a brief whatsapp message at 7:53 AM: "U2 are doing a brief Vegas street show INCLUDING Larry in an hour or so, here's the YT link"... I had to read it twice

And there it is, the fucking spark has ignited again. I still don't give a flying crap about this Vegas residency or the whole Sphere/UV thing but seeing Larry Mullen playing again with the Larry Mullen Band has defeated all most of my fears that U2 are disbanding soon.

I'm so glad and thankful for this
  11. HTDAAB is pretty great. Underrated? Overrated in terms of awards it won though. Crumbs and Miracle Drug are top songs.
  12. Great album. COBL, SYCMIOYO, MD and OOTS my personal favourites.