1. I always thought that war was just something my grandma used to talk about when she was alive
    So for me war was something of the past
    Seeing it now as an actual thing i really can’t believe that is happening again
    Yeah i know there’s wars everyday like in Afrika or everywhere else but this time i feel it differently
    Being pacifist to the core ( not for choice but just because i’m born this way ) i can’t accept it and i condemn every kind of violence
    Most of all when is perpetrated by just a single evil human being
    P E A C E
  2. The world needs to explore and activate every avenue of non-violent resistance possible; isolate Russia so that, economically and physically, nothing goes in or comes out. I don't rule out the need for a physical defence but all that does is waste human life; a cost that is mainly borne by the young adults of society.
  3. Unfortunately with someone so unhinged in charge, even the smallest act of non-violent resistance can be met with a completely over the top reaction. Ukraine have already had his pants down and embarrassed him, so he will now be doubling down on his efforts. Ukraine aren’t going to back down anytime soon and I can’t see Putin going home with his tail between his legs.
  4. Putin should be taken down from the inside. As we see there is strong resistance even inside of Russia, so it's not impossible that someone takes action on this...
  5. Why has U2 been so quiet on the war in Ukraine?
  6. Because actions speak louder than words and at the moment they’re as powerless as the rest of us to change anything so expressing their opinion isn’t really necessary and isn’t going to achieve anything.
  7. What would you like them to say? Something like:
    People of Ukraine
    Count your blessings
    There are those all over the world
    Who have food, heat, and security
    But they’re not on TV like you are
  8. Exactly! The band (or more specifically, Bono) can't win - he's either called all sorts of names for expressing an opinion, or he's being criticised for staying quiet.
  9. All the news I’ve seen on TV and images coming out,like the interview with the Klitschko brothers I saw yesterday,just reminds me of the Sarajevo link ups I witnessed at Wembley on 12th August 1993 …’..sometimes it feels like 1933 not 93,next..’…
  10. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    What would you like them to say? Something like:
    People of Ukraine
    Count your blessings
    There are those all over the world
    Who have food, heat, and security
    But they’re not on TV like you are
    Umm.....I was thinking something more like "Stop The War!"
  11. Is there going to be another setlist party of a random U2 show here? I miss the setlist party’s
  12. We should do a Mixlr stream one day. Trouble is, no-one is ever satisfied with the choice