1. Originally posted by yuri31:This one is sick. There are many stand-out songs from their experimental era, but Zooropa is right at the top of them all. A work of genius.

For once I agree
  2. A fantastic song from a fantastic album
  3. might be the best song from the album... battling with lemon

4. this.

they should attempt it live, get rid of Unknown Caller and bring this beast out in the middle of the set.

...the audience would never see it coming.
  5. "Uncertainty can be a guiding light"

6. And The Wanderer.

And I have no religion
    And I don't know what's what
    And I don't know the limit,
    the limit of what we've got

Epic.
  7. Bono certainly must have been in some difficult state of mind when he wrote the line 'I have no religion'. He's never doubtful about God.
  8. This songs catches some of the best lyrics ever written, by any band, with 2 great melodies, an epic opening and an even better end. This is definitely the best album opener ever; it catches the feeling of the entire album in 6 minutes already.

It's what Bohemian Rhapsody was for Queen, what Paranoid Android was for Radiohead, what Citizen Erased/Micro Cuts was for Muse; their very own "chaptered" song.

A real fan favourite

Originally posted by yuri31:Bono certainly must have been in some difficult state of mind when he wrote the line 'I have no religion'. He's never doubtful about God.

And that line makes the song worthy imo

But this line is really the overall feeling of the album; look at The Wanderer.
  9. Originally posted by yuri31:Bono certainly must have been in some difficult state of mind when he wrote the line 'I have no religion'. He's never doubtful about God.

Good call.
  10. Originally posted by wangmaster:[..]

this.

they should attempt it live, get rid of Unknown Caller and bring this beast out in the middle of the set.

...the audience would never see it coming.

Yeah, reallly...if YBR was supposed to be a callout to the die-hard fans, (which im not sure if it was or not) it's acknowledged, but this would be FAR more appreciated. Plus, they've played this one live before.