1. I'll give you that, hands down. Zooropa is studio magic. Lemon is live magic.

2. Yep, Lemon Live is a moment of late '93 genius.

However,

Please can we keep this strictly about Zooropa, the song, as we have a Zooropa, the album, topic already and I'll need to close this one if it gets too generalistic.

Plus, I'll add an in my opinion for all those who seem to have a direct line to Bono's brain and no what the lyrics all mean
  3. Zooropa is the best, together with Stay and Dirty Day, song of one of their best albums.

It's the nineties' WTSHNN

4. I don't know if I would go THAT far, but it's still a great, great song nonetheless. Streets is sort of a monumental live cornerstone...Zooropa is just a mystical trip into the better depths of U2.
  5. They should have made an entire album of sorts like this. Would simply the best record ever.

And besides, Bono should snippet this one during Streets
  6. In the same boat with One Tree Hill, So Cruel and When I Look At The World. Underrated but oh sooo good!

7. Zooropa is everything, its just above all. It's what once was, what it is now and what it will once be in the future.

Its here right now, you can feel it, but you cant touch it. Its happy and sad at the same time. Its good and bad. Its apples and oranges.

It's space, it's time, it's the universe. It's Europe, but also America, Oceania, Asia and Africa. Its water, its the air, its fire. It can be a bird in the sky and the next moment its a little rock on the beach.

It's Zooropa

For everything I've ever wanted to put in words about that song, please read above.

And thank you Mark
  8. This was the time in the army i was posted from berlin to surrey and having recoverd from the mind bending head rush off auctung baby this just fell out of the sky for me ( pre internet) and as soon as i hear the song zooroper i fell in love with it.It took me a while b4 i played any other track ( the rest followed say a few days later but zooroper was and still is one off my fav U2 tracks , and would love to hear the band have a proper go at the whole song live on the US leg just to give the casule fan a glimps off what this band have done .
  9. i was lucky to be at wembley in 93 when it was played!!!quality tune,but for me the best live tunes from that album,has to be dirty day leading into bullet from zoomerang leg,and of course lemon!!!!
  10. Quick question. Noticed this when listening to the 8-11-1993 wembley gig.
    In the section where the song breaks into the outro/second half (and I have no religion), is Edge singing (in the backing vocals):

Oooh-ooh-oh, or is he saying Zoo-ro-pa?

I've never really noticed before a few days ago, but it's hard to tell. On the live version it defnitely sounds like "zoo-ro-pa".
  11. I hear they are using Zooropa backing track noises during the Questions segment between Miss S. and COBL on the last leg. Sounds SOOO EPIC but that begs the question of going from since you could totally just have the creepy and quiet intro be occupied with the screen extending and then start the song once its got the right atmosphere I know it would work. Especially after the Opera bit and the Questions the crowd is already at your mercy. and if somehow people don't like it you Vertigo can start after with the horn sound and all and get everyone back on track.

Miss Sarajevo
    Zooropa (Full Version)
    Vertigo

I know it'd worrk!