1. Originally posted by MacStripey:guys, I just had the f***ing best night of my life what a night, what a show, the sound, the atmosphere, the setlist, the..... the.... everything. It's been the best experience ever. just saying. I'm on a high from that show. And I know I make no sense, that's what such an experience does to you so glad I could be a part of tonight, be there, feel blessed

That's great to hear Kirsten

Mercy was better than in Zurich imo, chorus is even starting to get stuck in my head
  2. very nice videos and thanks for the mp3 link for the show!

sH22
  3. How's the boot sound? If the audio's pretty good, I'll probably get it, even though I picked up Zurich 2, as well.
  4. Sounds good to me, seems there is a little noise like something was brushing up against the mic occasionally (unless I screwed something up converting to MP3)
  5. I have really warmed up the Mercy live version since listening to the Munich recording.

The chorus is just so powerful and even the little solo from the Edge is starting to grow and putting even more power in the final chorus.

You want to kill me, and I want to die...we're the perfect match...you and I

Really addictive lyrics, reminds me a bit of Horses (which is a good thing )
  6. 4-star recording is up here as well!
  7. Another excellent recording. I can't keep up. Well done tapers of Europe.
  8. Hmm seems I need to download this one too
  9. I think we did fairly well ending North Star, didn't we....

again, thanks to those who tape the shows and upload so quickly, making people like me happy. Much love to you who do that

10. Zurich 2 and this one... aargh....!

Thanks so much
  11. Only so few pages for Munich? Why that?

Anyway, first the rehearsals: Yes, Desire was soundchecked. No, Lady wasn't soundchecked, someone was talking crap.

Weather was good, only little rain and only for a few minutes. Not as cold as Vienna. In fact, very good show weather.

Circumstances were a little chaotic in Munich due to the strike in public transport. Well, officially there was a strike, but in truth most metro lines, buses and trams were operationg quite normally. Still, there was some chaos after the show because together with the people coming back from the Champions League game in the Arena, there were about 150.000 people trying to get somewhere in the middle of the night. Thank God my hotel was in walking distance from the stadium.

On showday I visited the Olympic tower and had a fantastic view of the whole area including the stadium and the claw. I took some amazing pictures. The stadium is great and you could see the Claw on arrival. Entrance was a bit, well, chaotic, but typical for Munich and it went as I had expected. They opened some gates earlier and let people in, probably to avoid people being crushed on the stairs. Still, a lot of anger among the waiting fans, and I got a little scared that a riot might break out. After all, everything went fine, even the run down the many steps, I survived.

I went straight to the catwalk, like I had planned, because, IMO, it's the best spot in the house and it turned out to be a really really good one. Unlike the spots in front of the stage I've had at various concerts, I was actually able to see the whole band almost all the time (except when they were at the back of the stage). It was brilliant! Bono was in front of us many times.

Concert was officially "sold out", though I saw some empty seats, possibly because tickets went on sale so long ago and some people might have decided to go to the football game rather than to the U2 show or watch the game at home.

Many fans at the German board were complaining about a "lame" audience, but I can tell you that neither me nor my friends noticed that, we had a great time and people around us were enthusiastic. I met some casual fans from my country who were really excited about the show and they were very much in awe of the concert. U2 played an amazing set and it was 24 songs long again. The band was in great mood and great spirits and there were a lot of football references (that, understandably, not everyone liked) and a lot of references by Bono to the German doctors and nurses who took care of him when he had surgery in a Munich hospital.

Great set, great energy, and we were extatic they were playing IWF, North Star, Mercy, Mothrs of the Disappeared and some very nice snipped (Purple Rain, Anthem, and some more I don't remember right now). Oh and "Hear us coming" was finally back at the end of One.

I will never forget the show. I think it was one of the best U2 shows I have ever seen. And Bono's voice was amazing that night, especially during the ballads, he sang truly beautifully.
  12. Oh yes, Bono's reaction to the fans singing North Star was priceless. He's either a good actor or a little naive if he thinks there aren't any bootlegs on the internet. Precious moment.