1. and today it's 25

2. I must have known this sub-consciously somehow, listened to it on the way into Uni today, 1st time in ages
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

I would have to say that unless they release Point Depot as a Bluray/DVD, I would rather them release another show in pristine quality as a CD instead, cause we already have four brilliant radio broadcasts or soundboards for the Dublin shows.. I'd much prefer a professionally mixed soundboard of one of the Sydney shows or Osaka or something over a minimal upgrade on shows that are practically CD quality anyway

From what I have "heard" the NY Point Depot footage is not suitable for full release, much less a Blu Ray (other than the two broadcast songs). "Supposedly" the band does not have the Sydney footage, the director of it and the Australian network that paid for it have it and may even own the rights to it. I seriously doubt we will ever see a full length Lovetown pro shot released officially. I would LOVE to be wrong. They had problems getting the 83 Red Rocks footage also, but they did and they released it. Difference being that was an iconic concert for U2. Generally speaking, the band has a negative view of the Lovetown tour. So I cannot see them putting in the same kind of effort to get the footage.
  4. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]

From what I have "heard" the NY Point Depot footage is not suitable for full release, much less a Blu Ray (other than the two broadcast songs). "Supposedly" the band does not have the Sydney footage, the director of it and the Australian network that paid for it have it and may even own the rights to it. I seriously doubt we will ever see a full length Lovetown pro shot released officially. I would LOVE to be wrong. They had problems getting the 83 Red Rocks footage also, but they did and they released it. Difference being that was an iconic concert for U2. Generally speaking, the band has a negative view of the Lovetown tour. So I cannot see them putting in the same kind of effort to get the footage.

I'd love to go get a job at whatever station has it and sneak into their archives then..

I know what I said is a long shot, but it'd be incredible if it ever happened. It's still my favourite tour.

Does anything circulate in trade/tape circles that might give an indication of U2 having footage that most don't know about?
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Does anything circulate in trade/tape circles that might give an indication of U2 having footage that most don't know about?

The guy you quoted in this message surely knows.
  6. I know, that's exactly why I asked

7. I misread your post, I read "anyone" instead of "anything", that's why I pointed you towards a person and not towards something. Sorry

I think there must be a shitload of 80s material that hasn't seen the light of day and is sitting in an old vault at some TV station, deteriorating and just waiting to be destroyed in some archive cleaning.
  8. Your guess is as good as mine.

9. I honestly have "limited" knowledge on the Lovetown footage and what the band is in possession of. But this is what I know or sort of know. I have heard 3rd hand info that the footage is not great and or is deteriorated from the NY Point Depot show. U2 has this footage for sure. I'm not a video guru so I do not know what they could do to fix the footage, but that is also possible I guess if they wanted to put the time into it. The Sydney concert is not clear at all. I have heard they have it and I have also heard they do not technically own the rights other than the music "video" stuff that was already put out (IE God Pt II, AIWIY, Love Comes To Town, Watchtower and a couple of others). The raw concert footage is what we are talking about here which is a full pro shot production. I have "heard" that they do not have it and/or do not technically own it. Like I said though, they ran into the same problem with the Red Rocks 83 footage, but they got it and released it. It is not out of the question, but probably not going to happen as I said before. They DO have the audio of every single Lovetown show though, they could release that easily if they wanted to mix a Lovetown soundboard. But they would probably just reissue the NY eve show they released on Itunes vs anything from the Australian leg which was superior IMO. (Honestly I think the NY broadcast is fair quality and the other 3 Dublin shows were superior anyway)

Is some of this stuff with tapers/traders? Possibly, but I seriously doubt it will see the light of day in general trading. I think those that have this type of material have connections they do not want to burn and/or paid out quite a bit of cash to obtain. Probably both reasons combined most of the time. I don't blame them, I'm sure some will.
  10. Thanks for the info. I figured as much. If they do the whole anniversary thing, which I doubt they will, it would be terrific to throw in one of the Aussie shows just as a live CD. They were great.

I can't blame whoever for doing whatever with the stuff they've got, I know plenty of people have made big time and financial sacrifices for some of the stuff they've got and if it wasn't for them no one would have it all in the first place anyway
  11. Thanks for the extensive info, Blue Room. I wish they just released whatever video they have, whatever quality it has. It won't happen, though. Which is a shame.